Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: EVO track bar bushings

  1. #1
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    373

    EVO track bar bushings

    Anyone replace the bushings in an EVO track bar yet?

    It seems like i going to need a bearing press to get the job done but not totally sure. The worn out one is in there pretty tight.

  2. #2
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Anyone replace the bushings in an EVO track bar yet?

    It seems like i going to need a bearing press to get the job done but not totally sure. The worn out one is in there pretty tight.
    Didnít these just come out only a couple months ago? Yours are already worn out?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  3. #3
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Didn’t these just come out only a couple months ago? Yours are already worn out?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I think I got one with a defective bushing it failed in less than three weeks and one off road trip. EVO agreed that it was defective and sent me a new bushing right away.


  4. #4
    Knows a Thing or Two dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    I think I got one with a defective bushing it failed in less than three weeks and one off road trip. EVO agreed that it was defective and sent me a new bushing right away.

    Wow that bushing is shot. What symptoms did you experience to find the track bar bushing was bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Wow that bushing is shot. What symptoms did you experience to find the track bar bushing was bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Well before putting on the EVO I was experiencing a mild wobble, after the ego arm went on the wobble was gone. Went on a good off road trip & two days later experienced violent wobble at highway speed and started being able to feel it at low speeds.

  6. #6
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Anyone replace the bushings in an EVO track bar yet?

    It seems like i going to need a bearing press to get the job done but not totally sure. The worn out one is in there pretty tight.
    Hopefully Doubletapdaddy sees this. I think he had one done under warranty but I'm not sure.

  7. #7
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Hopefully Doubletapdaddy sees this. I think he had one done under warranty but I'm not sure.
    THIS was my front TB frame side bushing at 3,000 miles (+/-). They replaced the whole track bar under warranty.

  8. #8
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    THIS was my front TB frame side bushing at 3,000 miles (+/-). They replaced the whole track bar under warranty.
    Dang... Maybe I should have asked for a whole track bar, I specifically asked them for a bushing & they sent it out immediately. I found one of my friends has a bearing press. Gonna see if he's around so I can go get it done right meow.

    I read your thread & didn't see if there was a final resolution to your wobble, did you get it figured out?

  9. #9

    Bushing Evo TrackBar

    hello
    Yesterday I found out that the Bushing of the (EVO-3047B) trackbar was out of use
    Who did you talk to?
    Because they don't answer emails?

  10. #10
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,540
    I have to say that I'm kinda bummed that EVO decided to use OE bushings on their track bar as they don't seem to hold up any better than the factory track bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •