JL Aftermarket Parts

JAGS

With the JL Wrangler being so new, it may be difficult (especially at first) to source aftermarket and/or non-dealer support for parts and upgrades.

This thread could be used by all of us to share any cool finds and sources for aftermarket accessories, kits and upgrades for our new JLs.

While this is still technically a "Mopar" offering, I happened to come across the JL Wrangler all weather floor mats on Amazon.

IMG_4091.JPG

Please share any and all items you're able to find.

We can all start that wish list! [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea! In fact, I didn't order my JL with slush mats and looking at these, I might have to get a set :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Great idea! In fact, I didn't order my JL with slush mats and looking at these, I might have to get a set :crazyeyes:

Lol. Neither did I! I found my JK ones on Amazon and happened to look this morning for JL and these showed up. It doesn't have a cargo mat, but I plan to build a secure deck for the JL anyways.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know of a few companies that already have parts ready to go including ACE and EVO. I'm sure the others are just waiting to get their JL for final fitment before releasing them as well.

Bongoray

Hello all,

Has anyone tried these mats yet? I'm not crazy about cutting the carpet. Also if you take the plugs out of the floor and put them into the mat, can't water and dirt come up from the bottom of the vehicle between the floor and the mat? I'm curious how the seal is between the mat and the floor.

Bongo

JAGS

Hello all,

Has anyone tried these mats yet? I'm not crazy about cutting the carpet. Also if you take the plugs out of the floor and put them into the mat, can't water and dirt come up from the bottom of the vehicle between the floor and the mat? I'm curious how the seal is between the mat and the floor.

Bongo

My mats just came in yesterday so I decided to open up the box. (My JL is not in yet).

Here's some pics.

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

I believe you are talking about about the drain plug now in the mat. Certainly different than my 2012 mats.

From the pics, seems like these would make a pretty good seal at the plug. If you didn't like that idea, you could easily just trim off that seal portion.

As for the carpet, I'd just cut the plug oval as a flap to one side.

Bongoray

My mats just came in yesterday so I decided to open up the box. (My JL is not in yet).

Here's some pics.

I believe you are talking about about the drain plug now in the mat. Certainly different than my 2012 mats.

From the pics, seems like these would make a pretty good seal at the plug. If you didn't like that idea, you could easily just trim off that seal portion.

As for the carpet, I'd just cut the plug oval as a flap to one side.

Sweet! Thanks for the info and the photos. That's exactly what I was talking about. :thumb:

13_gecko_rubi

Hello all,

Bongo
The mat has a grommet that fits into the hole in the floor. It is the exact same shape as the plug that was in there. It will seal as good as the plug did.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the pictures. You can see it there.

Sent via....

Do the carpets in the JL holes in them for the drains, or where they meant to be taken out when using the drains? I think I remember someone saying the carpets were much easier to remove on the JL vs the JK.

Would water just sit in the carpet between the mat and the body and cause the body to rust or the carpet to mildew / rot?

These do look appealing.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Do the carpets in the JL holes in them for the drains, or where they meant to be taken out when using the drains? I think I remember someone saying the carpets were much easier to remove on the JL vs the JK.

Would water just sit in the carpet between the mat and the body and cause the body to rust or the carpet to mildew / rot?

These do look appealing.

I don’t believe the carpet has holes in it. You would just need to lift the carpet and pull the plug. It would cause a mildew smell if you leave it leave and don’t dry it out. Doubt it would rust the body if it’s clean water.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

These do look appealing.

I just posted up a write-up that shows how the Mopar all weather mats install.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...-All-Weather-Floor-Mats-Installation-Write-Up

:yup:

JAGS

Wanted to give this bump.

Catalogs, websites, and such seem to be slow going with aftermarket support. LoD has a few bumpers. EVO has some lift kits. Ransoms here and there.

Anybody seen anything cool coming out? Any insider info...Eddie??? [emoji6] Would be great for people to share pics/notes here of what they’ve seen. [emoji106][emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wanted to give this bump.

Catalogs, websites, and such seem to be slow going with aftermarket support. LoD has a few bumpers. EVO has some lift kits. Ransoms here and there.

Anybody seen anything cool coming out? Any insider info...Eddie??? [emoji6] Would be great for people to share pics/notes here of what they’ve seen. [emoji106][emoji106]

:cheesy: Are you kidding? There's a TON more stuff already available for the JL and in a way that's nothing short of mind blowing compared to when the JK came out. I have little doubt that by SEMA, there will be an ungodly amount of things you can buy for the JL. If you have the means, I would hold up for a bit and wait for BETTER products to be available. All you have to do is look back and see the life of Moby to know how many different versions of him we went through before he became what he is today.