37s, no beadlock, what TRAIL pressure do YOU run?

JAGS

Not sure about the stock rim part. I have had 37s and non beadlocks on my JK for 5 years. I’ve run as low as 12psi. Usually, I was in the 14-16 range though for rock crawling, etc.

Jdofmemi

37" Toyo on stock rims I usually run 14. Never a problem, and depending on the conditions, I'm not afraid to go lower, 12 or even 10 but extra care is needed then.

tobyw

I had my 37" KO2's on the stock rims for about 5,000 miles before switching to the Fuel wheels I'm currently running. I ran the Rubicon Trail at 8psi without an issue, and regularly run our local trails at the same pressure. In the snow I'll go down to 4 or 5psi.

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

asmith1923

Hi, I’m new to the off-road world but I get The benefits of airing down after watching countless videos online. But 5psi? That can’t be good for the tire.

What are the benefits of going that low? Aren’t you nearly riding on the rim?

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

JTCO

Meme King
Hi, I’m new to the off-road world but I get The benefits of airing down after watching countless videos online. But 5psi? That can’t be good for the tire.

What are the benefits of going that low? Aren’t you nearly riding on the rim?

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

Heat is what really destroys a tire when it has low air pressure. On a trail, it's really a non-issue.

Lower psi can create better traction. On a non-beadlock rim though, 5 is not ideal as the tire can come off the rim. Low psi is really nice for traction in sand.

asmith1923

Heat is what really destroys a tire when it has low air pressure. On a trail, it's really a non-issue.

Lower psi can create better traction. On a non-beadlock rim though, 5 is not ideal as the tire can come off the rim. Low psi is really nice for traction in sand.

Ahhh, heat. Didn’t think of that. Thank you for the knowledge!

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!