Thread: 37s, no beadlock, what TRAIL pressure do YOU run?

Caught the Bug

37s, no beadlock, what TRAIL pressure do YOU run?

Just swapped on 37x12.5x17 KO2 on stock rims. What trail pressures have you run safely?

I usually run 16 psi.

Not sure about the stock rim part. I have had 37s and non beadlocks on my JK for 5 years. Iíve run as low as 12psi. Usually, I was in the 14-16 range though for rock crawling, etc.

I have run 12 psi on stock rims with 35ís.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

37" Toyo on stock rims I usually run 14. Never a problem, and depending on the conditions, I'm not afraid to go lower, 12 or even 10 but extra care is needed then.
    His: 2015 JKUR

Hers: 2018 JLUR

Caught the Bug
    I had my 37" KO2's on the stock rims for about 5,000 miles before switching to the Fuel wheels I'm currently running. I ran the Rubicon Trail at 8psi without an issue, and regularly run our local trails at the same pressure. In the snow I'll go down to 4 or 5psi.

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg
    2018 JLU-R
    Bright White

Hi, Iím new to the off-road world but I get The benefits of airing down after watching countless videos online. But 5psi? That canít be good for the tire.

What are the benefits of going that low? Arenít you nearly riding on the rim?

Tony
    19 JLUR Mojito!

Quote Originally Posted by asmith1923 View Post
    Hi, Iím new to the off-road world but I get The benefits of airing down after watching countless videos online. But 5psi? That canít be good for the tire.

What are the benefits of going that low? Arenít you nearly riding on the rim?

Tony
    19 JLUR Mojito!
    Heat is what really destroys a tire when it has low air pressure. On a trail, it's really a non-issue.

Lower psi can create better traction. On a non-beadlock rim though, 5 is not ideal as the tire can come off the rim. Low psi is really nice for traction in sand.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Heat is what really destroys a tire when it has low air pressure. On a trail, it's really a non-issue.

Lower psi can create better traction. On a non-beadlock rim though, 5 is not ideal as the tire can come off the rim. Low psi is really nice for traction in sand.
    Ahhh, heat. Didnít think of that. Thank you for the knowledge!

Tony
    19 JLUR Mojito!