Synergy Control Arms

Kaseym

Banned
The thing I hated about the evo arms were the stupid clamp down ends they use. Horrible design that makes it impossible to adjust the arms over time. They get banged up on rocks and you can’t adjust them. I also had to completely tear down the joints about every other wheeling trip and either rebuild them or to grease them. They get in a bind and the grease won’t get all the way down into the bushing.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
The thing I hated about the evo arms were the stupid clamp down ends they use. Horrible design that makes it impossible to adjust the arms over time. They get banged up on rocks and you can’t adjust them. I also had to completely tear down the joints about every other wheeling trip and either rebuild them or to grease them. They get in a bind and the grease won’t get all the way down into the bushing.

You need a spanner wrench. And I highly doubt the Johnny joints were shot after every other trip. You would be the first person ever to have that issue. Hell the Johnny joints on evo’s race car never get rebuilt.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepJL

You need a spanner wrench. And I highly doubt the Johnny joints were shot after every other trip. You would be the first person ever to have that issue. Hell the Johnny joints on evo’s race car never get rebuilt.

He said “clamp down” part, don’t think he’s talking about the spanner adjuster. A need for the spanner wrench would be for some of the older school evo arms maybe back 2015/16 time frame. They are now hex heads so if that’s the issue it’s been resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
He said “clamp down” part, don’t think he’s talking about the spanner adjuster. A need for the spanner wrench would be for some of the older school evo arms maybe back 2015/16 time frame. They are now hex heads so if that’s the issue it’s been resolved.

Yeah you’re right. I just got a new adjuster for my long arms and it’s different.

The clamp down part would be the clamp with the bolt through it I would assume and not sure how else they could change that.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Kaseym

Banned

You usually highly doubt everything anybody else says so I’m not surprised. Tear down one of your Johnny joints that you grease every time you change your oil and I guarantee you there’s no grease down in the center of the bushing(dry as a bone). Send me pictures when you get it done.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
You usually highly doubt everything anybody else says so I’m not surprised. Tear down one of your Johnny joints that you grease every time you change your oil and I guarantee you there’s no grease down in the center of the bushing(dry as a bone). Send me pictures when you get it done.

I did recently when I bent and broke a Johnny joint. There was still oil inside. Eddie might have pictures. I didn’t take any cause my hands were covered in grease.

IMG_0139.jpgIMG_0140.jpg

And since I posted pics, I would love to see all the broken Johnny joints you have since you wheel so hard.

Kaseym

Banned
I did recently when I bent and broke a Johnny joint. There was still oil inside. Eddie might have pictures. I didn’t take any cause my hands were covered in grease.

View attachment 13540View attachment 13541

And since I posted pics, I would love to see all the broken Johnny joints you have since you wheel so hard.

I’ve showed your dumbass before. I can’t help it you forget that easily. You got no idea how hard I wheel and you’ll never know.

Kaseym

Banned
How many are in this picture? If I remember right only 1 of these was actually broke(ear). All the others were either dry or the barrel was smashed. 1 broke off at the stupid evo clamp.

Attachments

• E530C20A-6EDE-426C-ADCA-465337D4B2D8.jpg
    E530C20A-6EDE-426C-ADCA-465337D4B2D8.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 105

dixonk

I need to update this thread. I previously stated that my EVO control arms are noisy and thus the desire to possibly try the synergy. Turns out my control arms were not the culprit of the noises under the Jeep. After diagnosis it turns out it was my body to Frame mounts that were causing all the noise. Hit them all with some Lithium grease and everything is quiet again. EVO arms perform as intended.

CalSgt

I need to update this thread. I previously stated that my EVO control arms are noisy and thus the desire to possibly try the synergy. Turns out my control arms were not the culprit of the noises under the Jeep. After diagnosis it turns out it was my body to Frame mounts that were causing all the noise. Hit them all with some Lithium grease and everything is quiet again. EVO arms perform as intended.

How did you diagnose that? I've been having some creaking noises I haven't figured out yet...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Last time I had creaking noises, it was broken welds. Definitely a difference between squeaking and metal fatigue creaking. A lesson I'll never forget.

dixonk

Last time I had creaking noises, it was broken welds. Definitely a difference between squeaking and metal fatigue creaking. A lesson I'll never forget.

Yep metal giving out is a very unique sounding creak. Luckily I know a little about metallurgy (certified welder) and can diagnose fairly easy. By the way the machine that does the welding for Jeep is a terrible welder [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]