Sport S LED turn Signal Question

Rsred5

I have a 2018 JL Sport S with a TazerJL installed. I just replaced the front turn signal bulbs with the Oracle 7443-CK switchback bulbs. I want the turn signals to run as White DRLs and switchback to amber with the turn signals during the day as they do at night when the headlights are on. As it is, if the headlights are off, the turns are off. In the Tazer settings, I set the DRL to USA, and changed the DRL location to turn signals. This turns the turn lights on Amber instead of white. Does anyone know the proper setting to do what I want? Thanks in advance.

MoparMari

Same issue. Switched my location to fogs with my halos on. Interested in an answer. Light company I believe diode dynamic nor tazer had an answer for me when I asked months ago.

SRQgunner

I have a 2018 JL Sport S with a TazerJL installed. I just replaced the front turn signal bulbs with the Oracle 7443-CK switchback bulbs. I want the turn signals to run as White DRLs and switchback to amber with the turn signals during the day as they do at night when the headlights are on. As it is, if the headlights are off, the turns are off. In the Tazer settings, I set the DRL to USA, and changed the DRL location to turn signals. This turns the turn lights on Amber instead of white. Does anyone know the proper setting to do what I want? Thanks in advance.

I purchased a certified pre owned 2018 Sport S. I’m learning that all the upgrades I want to do like DRL in the fender like the Rubicons aren’t simple upgrades to do if at all possible.

I also installed the Oracle 7443-CK and wish I could have them function as DRLs.

Someone suggested to purchase the high top Rubicon fenders which come with LED DRLs and see if the dealer would flash the BCM with a sales code. I checked this with the dealer and was told not possible! Back to the drawing board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalSgt

I purchased a certified pre owned 2018 Sport S. I’m learning that all the upgrades I want to do like DRL in the fender like the Rubicons aren’t simple upgrades to do if at all possible.

I also installed the Oracle 7443-CK and wish I could have them function as DRLs.

Someone suggested to purchase the high top Rubicon fenders which come with LED DRLs and see if the dealer would flash the BCM with a sales code. I checked this with the dealer and was told not possible! Back to the drawing board.

I think you can use the Tazer programmer to activate the LED DRL function...

13_gecko_rubi

The dealer absolutely can flash your Jeep to turn that on. But the tazer also does it. I have rubicon flares on my JL Sport S with the led drls that are fully functional. Used my tazer to enable it. Make sure if you’ve had your tazer a long time u have the latest firmware, it was added awhile ago but wasn’t there at first.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

trbizwiz

I just did something similar. But I followed the instructions in another thread and wired the white light to my fuse box. I used a fuse tap in slot 58 for heated seats. I don’t have heated seats, but if you do, you don’t lose that functionality.
I ran that fuse tap wire to both fenders. I severed the white and amber/brown wire, and I put a dead splice in the wire end going back to the Jeep. I connected the short end, going to the bulb, to my powered wire from the fuse tap in slot 58. I used heat shrink soldered connections. When you heat them the solder melts, and the wrap shrinks. It also has a heat activated glue. So I have a water tight, solder connection, using only a $12 harbor freight heat gun.
I used the vivid line switchbacks, with white projectors. I have not put the resistors in yet, and vividline are not canbus, so I get fast flash in the dash, but normal flash out side. My white lights do not flash, and require no resistors. I did tap one of the white amber wires, back to the Jeep, for the relay for my halos. It signals the halos to turn on, when the ignition is on. Fuse 58 is also always on when the ignition is on. So I have corner white DRLs, and halo DRLs. I could probably add a switch to the power wire off of 58, to be able to turn things off if needed. My halo app gives me that functionality as well if I need it.
This wiring takes only about 30 minutes, and you’ll need under $10 in parts to make it happen.

You need a new dealer they’re full of shit. Why sell the flares as an upgrade at all then?