Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Mopar JLUR LED Headlights?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1

    Mopar JLUR LED Headlights?

    My 2019 JL didnít come with the LED package and I wanted to know if anyone has tried the MOPAR factory LED headlights? Is it a simple ďplug and playĒ? I heard the high/low beams will work fine, but some re-wiring / electrical work needs to be done to make the halos work (which I donít really care about). I just want to see better at night. Any insight is appreciated...


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #2
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    18
    I ordered the MOPAR LEDs as an option on my 2019 JLUR. They are great, best headlights I have had on any of my vehicles.
    I had previously rented a 2018 JL with the stock halogens and they were terrible so I didn't hesitate to upgrade.

  3. #3
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,276
    Iíve heard they are plug and play. I am looking for a couple sets for my JKís.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Iíve heard they are plug and play. I am looking for a couple sets for my JKís.


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Aren't they different sizes? Also, have some led fog lights for you to buy

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Fresh Catch KYJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    30
    I have no idea if they are plug and play but the factory LEDís on my JT are the brightest headlights I have ever had, they put the factory ones that were on my 2015 JKUR to shame.

  6. #6
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    I went through a couple of different sets of aftermarket lamps for my JK - HID and LED. I was never happy with any of them. Poor light pattern, unusual light cut-offs, Etc. The LED headlights on my JL have exceeded my expectations.

  7. #7
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Aren't they different sizes? Also, have some led fog lights for you to buy

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    New JK are the same as the JL as far as light output. I should have clarified that I was looking for JK factory LEDís.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  8. #8
    Been Around the Block benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    New JK are the same as the JL as far as light output. I should have clarified that I was looking for JK factory LEDís.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    Ah I gotcha, does Tina's have the JK LEDs?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,276

    Mopar JLUR LED Headlights?

    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Ah I gotcha, does Tina's have the JK LEDs?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yeah thatís why I want them lol. Been drooling over them for going on three years now since she bought it.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  10. #10
    Been Around the Block benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Yeah thatís why I want them lol. Been drooling over them for going on three years now since she bought it.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    Haha, I'm extremely impressed with the JL so if you say the JK are basically the same then I totally get it

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •