Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I hate noises now the seat brackets

  1. #1
    Hooked JeepJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    222

    I hate noises now the seat brackets

    Man I hate noises. I’m normally really good at keeping them quiet but now that passenger side seat bracket on my 19 is so annoying around curves. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Gonna go see what the dealer says.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #2
    Caught the Bug Clark Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Brunswick, Ohio
    Posts
    55
    My 18 did the same thing, they replaced the rails I believe and it seemed OK for a bit but now it's making the same clunking noises again when turning. Going to have them look at it again when I go in for steering stabilizer recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    Man I hate noises. I’m normally really good at keeping them quiet but now that passenger side seat bracket on my 19 is so annoying around curves. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Gonna go see what the dealer says.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Been Around the Block dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    Man I hate noises. I’m normally really good at keeping them quiet but now that passenger side seat bracket on my 19 is so annoying around curves. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Gonna go see what the dealer says.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mine did it. Dealer swapped it out and has been perfect ever since.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  4. #4
    Hooked JeepJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Mine did it. Dealer swapped it out and has been perfect ever since.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    That’s good to hear!


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Fresh Catch abeggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
    My 18 did the same thing, they replaced the rails I believe and it seemed OK for a bit but now it's making the same clunking noises again when turning. Going to have them look at it again when I go in for steering stabilizer recall.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Don’t get the steering stabilizer “fixed” unless you’re currently having death wobble. A lot of people are reporting that with the “fix” they NOW have death wobble


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by abeggs View Post
    Don’t get the steering stabilizer “fixed” unless you’re currently having death wobble. A lot of people are reporting that with the “fix” they NOW have death wobble


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yeah, agreed. I had it done and not "death wobble" but was fine before and now seems like I get some minor wobble on rough roads. I thought I was imagining things, maybe not.

  7. #7
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    Yeah, agreed. I had it done and not "death wobble" but was fine before and now seems like I get some minor wobble on rough roads. I thought I was imagining things, maybe not.
    Wonder what would happen if you took it off.

  8. #8
    Hooked JeepJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by abeggs View Post
    Don’t get the steering stabilizer “fixed” unless you’re currently having death wobble. A lot of people are reporting that with the “fix” they NOW have death wobble


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I experienced the same thing and I’m a jeep tech at the dealership lol. I got frustrated after I did the swap so I went through the entire front end at only 9400 miles and retightened everything one part at a time. I started with the balljoints and that did nothing. Then I tightened the draglink and tierod ends and to my surprise it was like a different jeep. Death wobble was gone. The tie rods nuts were so loose from the factory or at least on my rig. I also I removed then reinstalled the passenger seat because I realized how much time it takes to replace the seat bracket and now the noise is gone.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Hooked JeepJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you took it off.
    It’s not a good ending. Crazy death wobble


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •