JL Balljoints, still crappy?

NFRs2000NYC

Just wondering, especially those that went with 37s on stock axles....are the OEM balljoints still as weak as the JK units? How has your rig held up with 37s on the stockers, and do you think a premature upgrade is necessary?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just wondering, especially those that went with 37s on stock axles....are the OEM balljoints still as weak as the JK units? How has your rig held up with 37s on the stockers, and do you think a premature upgrade is necessary?

AFIK there are no upgrades. I'm pretty sure the only JL ball joints available are Mopar replacements.

morricus

I have about 2000 miles and a bunch of offroading shenanigans, no issues.

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
Adjustable as in you can adjust them tighter as the ball joint wears?

Correct. Could be the last ball joint you buy? I gave Dave some hell about his other ball joints since we had problems with them and said this was going to be so much better. I’m ordering some and will hook a customer up so we can try them out. I trust he’s taken his time to make them right. He’s got a lot of stuff in the works but doesn’t want to release it until it’s “perfect”. I suspect you will see more Synergy stuff on our JT in the coming months because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Correct. Could be the last ball joint you buy? I gave Dave some hell about his other ball joints since we had problems with them and said this was going to be so much better. I’m ordering some and will hook a customer up so we can try them out. I trust he’s taken his time to make them right. He’s got a lot of stuff in the works but doesn’t want to release it until it’s “perfect”. I suspect you will see more Synergy stuff on our JT in the coming months because of this.

I really liked the Synergy tour part of the Eddie and Cindy's video that was released yesterday. Seems like Synergy really gives a shit about quality parts and production. I had no idea that they did everything in house like that. I'll be looking more at their stuff as well.

JL_John

Jdofmemi

Manufacturing defect....

I was doing my best to impersonate an Ultra 4 car[emoji41] Just hit a hole that swallowed up a 37” tire perfectly. Helps you remember that with great suspension you don’t feel the bumps and impacts in your seat but the components still do. Worst part was paying $300 for Mopar replacements.

If the ball joint bent, but the "C" didn't, and the knuckle didn't crack or break, and the tube didn't bend or break, I would call that a win.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I've almost got 40k on our JL now and my ball joints are shot. In fact, I think they've been worn out for a while now. I've been holding out for aftermarket replacements and fortunately, I think a really nice one is coming our way soon. :yup: