Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL Balljoints, still crappy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar

JL Balljoints, still crappy?

Just wondering, especially those that went with 37s on stock axles....are the OEM balljoints still as weak as the JK units? How has your rig held up with 37s on the stockers, and do you think a premature upgrade is necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Just wondering, especially those that went with 37s on stock axles....are the OEM balljoints still as weak as the JK units? How has your rig held up with 37s on the stockers, and do you think a premature upgrade is necessary?
    AFIK there are no upgrades. I'm pretty sure the only JL ball joints available are Mopar replacements.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    AFIK there are no upgrades. I'm pretty sure the only JL ball joints available are Mopar replacements.
    Ah gotcha. I thought new ones were already out.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Synergy has some HD adjustable ball joints coming out that should provide a much needed upgrade for the JL/JT. When? Not sure but the JK version just dropped so it shouldn’t be long.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Synergy has some HD adjustable ball joints coming out that should provide a much needed upgrade for the JL/JT. When? Not sure but the JK version just dropped so it shouldn’t be long.

Adjustable as in you can adjust them tighter as the ball joint wears?

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Adjustable as in you can adjust them tighter as the ball joint wears?
    Correct. Could be the last ball joint you buy? I gave Dave some hell about his other ball joints since we had problems with them and said this was going to be so much better. I’m ordering some and will hook a customer up so we can try them out. I trust he’s taken his time to make them right. He’s got a lot of stuff in the works but doesn’t want to release it until it’s “perfect”. I suspect you will see more Synergy stuff on our JT in the coming months because of this.

Correct. Could be the last ball joint you buy? I gave Dave some hell about his other ball joints since we had problems with them and said this was going to be so much better. I’m ordering some and will hook a customer up so we can try them out. I trust he’s taken his time to make them right. He’s got a lot of stuff in the works but doesn’t want to release it until it’s “perfect”. I suspect you will see more Synergy stuff on our JT in the coming months because of this.

I really liked the Synergy tour part of the Eddie and Cindy's video that was released yesterday. Seems like Synergy really gives a shit about quality parts and production. I had no idea that they did everything in house like that. I'll be looking more at their stuff as well.

This is what I'm waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    I have about 2000 miles and a bunch of offroading shenanigans, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by morricus View Post
    I have about 2000 miles and a bunch of offroading shenanigans, no issues.
    I would hope nothing is failing in 2000 miles

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast