What's the first mod you've done or will do to your new Jeep Gladiator JT ?

JTCO

Meme King
Let's see some mods or plans of mods for the builds.

I'm still debating on what will be 'first.' I think for sure it will end up being a decent aftermarket tonneau cover.
But I also want a sunshade.
Another thing that we've been happy with on our other Jeeps is rock sliders for PARKING LOTS. Blows me away how many people throw doors open without a care in the world about the vehicle next to them. Well with sliders, they get the ding, not you. We may just do those right off the bat, plus it gives the kids a step.

mac214

Lift, 35s, kid step rock slider (and I think the same as you for door ding protection). I would love to see a careless person throw their door open into my steel slider!

I am also planning to ceramic coat it from the beginning to ease maintenance and give it some paint protection.

Next spring will be winch, OBA, and shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Not a JT but first mod I did was trimmed.jpg a cheap easy mod I did on my JL was remove the wind things from the front bumper. I think a JT sport would also have them.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Our first mod ;)

And congrats. Look forward to seeing it
Matt:beer:

Attachments

• 20190905_094534.jpg
    20190905_094534.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 124

Sgt Beavis

I’m still a few months out from placing an order. I’ve yet to decide on Hydro Blue or Gator Green. I’m also on the fence with getting a diesel.

But that being said, if I don’t get the diesel, I’ll be using that $5K in savings on mods, the first of which will be a lift and 35s or 37s. I also plan to remove the Rubicon steel bumper, winch, and other modes from my JLU before I trade it in and put it on the Gladiator.

Last edited:

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Thanks!
I am 99.9% I took this one, but I was standing right behind our "real" photographer/videographer.
:eek:

On a side not, this WHOLE are (WY/MT border) was awe inspiring. Nothing too hard for rigs like ours, (the 2 door JK open on 35" tires I was driving was fun and was "old school" wheeling") but just awesome.

Amazing shot my friend! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks!
I am 99.9% I took this one, but I was standing right behind our "real" photographer/videographer.
:eek:

On a side not, this WHOLE are (WY/MT border) was awe inspiring. Nothing too hard for rigs like ours, (the 2 door JK open on 35" tires I was driving was fun and was "old school" wheeling") but just awesome.

Oh yeah, it's crazy beautiful out there. Nice that you got to spend some time exploring the area.

Haven’t really decided yet. I’ve had mine for a week now, and have just been happy to be driving a Jeep again. I put 400 miles on it in a week just driving random places. Before I ever hit the trails, I’ll do the engine/xmsn skid plate and front axle disconnect skid from Evo, and some sort of front and rear lower control arm skid plate, if anyone has them out for the JT yet. After that probably a bumper and winch. My Rubicon has the plastic bumper so I’ll need to replace it to mount a winch.

Funny you mention sliders for parking lots. When I still lived in Prescott, AZ I had parked at Walmart in my Evo built JK with LoD sliders on it. A lady had slammed her door open into the side of my Jeep, and folded the back end of her door open so bad her door wouldn’t close. She waited for me to come out because it was “my fault” and she wanted my insurance info. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

mac214

Funny you mention sliders for parking lots. When I still lived in Prescott, AZ I had parked at Walmart in my Evo built JK with LoD sliders on it. A lady had slammed her door open into the side of my Jeep, and folded the back end of her door open so bad her door wouldn’t close. She waited for me to come out because it was “my fault” and she wanted my insurance info. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I imagine that was met with a lot of laughing on your part. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King

Amazing. The modern world we live in :(

JTCO

Meme King
Another one of the 'first' mods. All weather floor mats like piginajeep posted today in another thread. Eddie and Cindy did a write-up on them on their JL.

JTCO

Meme King
First mod arrived. Rugged Ridge Tonneau Cover from Exodus Jeeps. Got it in 2 days too!

DSC04662.jpg