Best Steel Rear Bumper

spyder625

Does anyone recommend a rear steel bumper with the holes for sensors? I have the OEM rubber one on the back but want to have a steel one like the front. thanks for your help

TLife

Isn't that the one that flexes up and damages body paint on a hard hit? IIRC that was occurring with the OEM steel bumper.

Not super on topic, but does anyone know how sturdy the stock rear bumper is on the Gladiator?

dixonk

Isn't that the one that flexes up and damages body paint on a hard hit? IIRC that was occurring with the OEM steel bumper.

I think there is a couple bolts in the back that make contact and some pieces that connect the fenders to the bumper which are removable. I know Eddie has a video highlighting a couple body checks. I haven’t personally damaged anything but then again I’m not in an area where I can be that hardcore either.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

LOD makes a great bumper and it will take a lot of abuse. Unless you just want one that matches the front. If I was doing it over I would probably go no rear bumper with some type of protection for the corners. I have the LOD stubby rear and I hit on stuff more than I thought I would.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not super on topic, but does anyone know how sturdy the stock rear bumper is on the Gladiator?

The Rubicon rear bumper is significantly better than the JL. It ties into the frame better and has those corner guards as well.

spyder625

can someone post the stock rear steel bumper from rubicon, the one i see looked plastic like the one i have already?

JAGS

I'm working on it. Got drawings almost done - I just need to find some time to have them made.

Sign me up!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Saw a guy really screw up his corners on his JL. [emoji6] Sign me up too as I’ll need to remove my plastic bumper soon. [emoji106] Corner guards would be cool.

The best rear “bumper” I’ve seen on a JL is the one on the PSC rig. Haven’t been able to find anything like it though to see better pics.

asmith1923

I went with the DV8 RBJL-03 rear bumper. It’s only about 3/32nd steel, the “led light” are $14 trailer marker lights, it weights about 40 lbs, and looks like a monkey did the welding and finish work. But it looks great from a distance and has backup sensor holes [emoji1360]

I wouldn’t want to back up into a twig or anything though. IMG_3250.jpg

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!