Thread: Doors Off and Cow Patties

Caught the Bug

Doors Off and Cow Patties

I have been wanting to take my doors off and go exploring for quite a while. However, one of the things that I have been concerned about is cow patties. Most of the land available for exploring near me are BLM land, with parts having fairly significant cow population.

Does the Jeep kick up manure and throw it into the vehicle? Is there a way to avoid this other than careful/slow driving?

If you are going off road, itís bound to happen. The best thing to do is let it happen and just make sure you clean things out well afterwards that way you donít get any odd smells. I am one of the most OCD people in the world and hate things getting inside my Jeep but itís far too fun with the doors off to not do it.

One other idea though, would be to look into some half doors. The picks for JL half doors are slim right now, but they will give you some coverage on the bottom part of the door to keep our mud and cow patties but will still give you that open air feel.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    The Mopar hard plastic floor mats have you remove the carpet, then clip into the floor drains. Iíve hosed out my front seat foot wells more than once. My sidesteps seem to catch most of the mud I kick up. Other than that, maybe removable mudflaps?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobycarolanNC View Post
    The Mopar hard plastic floor mats have you remove the carpet, then clip into the floor drains. Iíve hosed out my front seat foot wells more than once. My sidesteps seem to catch most of the mud I kick up. Other than that, maybe removable mudflaps?
    I did not remove my carpet. The carpet had cutouts to remove at the floor drains and the mats attached through the carpet.

Fresh Catch
    It happened to me once. Unfortunately it happened when my 12 year old daughter was sitting in the backseat and she got completely covered. While cleaning her up I have to admit it was hard not to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChucklesStart View Post
    Is there a way to avoid this other than careful/slow driving?
    I've found the slower you go with the doors off, the worse it is. Those knobby tires like to throw shit straight up and straight down at slower speeds.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Caught the Bug
    Thanks for your all's input. I think I might try some removable mudflaps, but otherwise not worry about it, just clean up afterwards.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChucklesStart View Post
    Thanks for your all's input. I think I might try some removable mudflaps, but otherwise not worry about it, just clean up afterwards.
    Keep your mouth closed!

Fresh Catch
    Donít get 60s with 3.5Ē backspacing!

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    It wonít kill you.