Gas powered air compressor

Jess Landin

Does anyone have any experience with these compressors? Any help would be appreciated before I buy. Thanks.

CalSgt

Ive only ever used larger gas powered ones like the ones pictured below, both of them were able to keep up with multiple framing nail guns. The Emglo was significantly higher quality than the DeWalt even considering it was about 5 years older...

I also agree with Adam, unless you are in a profession needing a gas air compressor their cost, size, and weight, far outweigh the benefits... We always looked forward to getting power pulled in to new houses so we cold shut the damn gas compressor off.

Dewalt-8-Gallon-Honda-Wheelbarrow-Compressor.jpg

web_air_compressor_emglo.jpg

CalSgt

After my last post I looked up the spec for the DeWalt you listed...

An electric (110 volt) compressor of similar size, capacity, and output can be had for about half the cost..

I didn't shop around for better deals but the one below goes for $393 and would probably hang with the gas powered units you listed.
CAT-4620AC_70264_600.jpg

Jess Landin

Electric vs. gas

After my last post I looked up the spec for the DeWalt you listed...

An electric (110 volt) compressor of similar size, capacity, and output can be had for about half the cost..

I didn't shop around for better deals but the one below goes for $393 and would probably hang with the gas powered units you listed.
View attachment 13442

Thanks! I'm looking for something to carry when I'm not near electricity .