Rancho JL Parking brake cable relocation

morricus

I have a 3.75 inch lift, needed to relocate the parking brake cables which were really getting stretched. I asked for advice on the Wayolife forum, was suggested to look at the Rancho relocation bracket.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/ro...-e-brake-line-relocation-bracket-rs62136.html

Just finished installing it today, is just what I was looking for. Thought I'd post some pics, in care anyone else is looking for such a kit. Its pretty easy, just a bit of a pain getting the parking brake cable hook thru the eyelet of the brake itself on the backing plate.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190906_120746.jpg
    MVIMG_20190906_120746.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 129
  • MVIMG_20190906_120811.jpg
    MVIMG_20190906_120811.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 130

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s pretty cool nice work. How much does it move it?

Just by re-routing the cables underneath the cross members, you gain a LOT more droop. In fact, you need to be careful about your e-locker wiring as it can and WILL pull right out of the plug if you don't make sure to free up some of the tension. Ask me how I know :rolleyes2:

2Wheel-Lee

Just by re-routing the cables underneath the cross members, you gain a LOT more droop. In fact, you need to be careful about your e-locker wiring as it can and WILL pull right out of the plug if you don't make sure to free up some of the tension. Ask me how I know :rolleyes2:

Was that before with your more conventional lifts or after with your coilovers?

2Wheel-Lee

With just the Rancho 3.5" lift

That's good to know. I haven't seen this issue addressed with other 3.5 kits (well, as far as what little I know...). I happened to be under my new JL this last weekend, and I was noticing that the cables don't seem to offer much down travel, so I'm surprised more lift companies haven't addressed this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to know. I haven't seen this issue addressed with other 3.5 kits (well, as far as what little I know...). I happened to be under my new JL this last weekend, and I was noticing that the cables don't seem to offer much down travel, so I'm surprised more lift companies haven't addressed this.

Probably because most companies provide shocks that don't allow a whole lot of down travel and relocating the lines just aren't needed. I should note, there is a down side to doing this and that is your e-brake won't work as well as it did. As in, you have to pull the lever a LOT higher for it to work at all.

morricus

The elocker wiring has a lot of loose fittings holding it in place, I just disconnected the most of them to allow for a bit more slack. Was there anything else you did to make sure there is enough slack?