Thread: Rancho JL Parking brake cable relocation

Rancho JL Parking brake cable relocation

I have a 3.75 inch lift, needed to relocate the parking brake cables which were really getting stretched. I asked for advice on the Wayolife forum, was suggested to look at the Rancho relocation bracket.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/roc...t-rs62136.html

Just finished installing it today, is just what I was looking for. Thought I'd post some pics, in care anyone else is looking for such a kit. Its pretty easy, just a bit of a pain getting the parking brake cable hook thru the eyelet of the brake itself on the backing plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Thatís pretty cool nice work. How much does it move it?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobycarolanNC View Post
    Thatís pretty cool nice work. How much does it move it?
    Just by re-routing the cables underneath the cross members, you gain a LOT more droop. In fact, you need to be careful about your e-locker wiring as it can and WILL pull right out of the plug if you don't make sure to free up some of the tension. Ask me how I know

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Just by re-routing the cables underneath the cross members, you gain a LOT more droop. In fact, you need to be careful about your e-locker wiring as it can and WILL pull right out of the plug if you don't make sure to free up some of the tension. Ask me how I know
    Was that before with your more conventional lifts or after with your coilovers?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    Was that before with your more conventional lifts or after with your coilovers?
    With just the Rancho 3.5" lift

Fresh Catch
    With just the Rancho 3.5" lift
    That's good to know. I haven't seen this issue addressed with other 3.5 kits (well, as far as what little I know...). I happened to be under my new JL this last weekend, and I was noticing that the cables don't seem to offer much down travel, so I'm surprised more lift companies haven't addressed this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    That's good to know. I haven't seen this issue addressed with other 3.5 kits (well, as far as what little I know...). I happened to be under my new JL this last weekend, and I was noticing that the cables don't seem to offer much down travel, so I'm surprised more lift companies haven't addressed this.
    Probably because most companies provide shocks that don't allow a whole lot of down travel and relocating the lines just aren't needed. I should note, there is a down side to doing this and that is your e-brake won't work as well as it did. As in, you have to pull the lever a LOT higher for it to work at all.

The elocker wiring has a lot of loose fittings holding it in place, I just disconnected the most of them to allow for a bit more slack. Was there anything else you did to make sure there is enough slack?