Axle shaft R/R

Mac77

Yeah... Probably should have got a Rubicon... How ever I really like the Sahara that I have.. I have been busy with it, 2.5 Evo Enforcer Overlander with the drop brackets and track bars, 35" KO2s.. That being said, I was probably a little too abusive and seemed to have bent an axle shaft. I have the tools and the time this weekend.. does anybody have any input as far as what to expect replacing the axle shaft being a newer JL. Any input or advice is appreciated.20190818_101733.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Yes sir.. squeak, squeak, squeak.. thanks for the input. Should be pretty straight forward, didn't want any surprises. Still working out the front end shakes also. Thanks,

Eddie and Cindy were there when Dynatrac regeared their rear axle. Hopefully if there are any differences to the JK axle shaft r&r, they'll have some input.

silverbullet88

Rubicon wouldn’t have made a difference..same flanges and metal alloys. Though both are 32 spline shafts now which is cool. Assuming you have the rear 44? How’d you manage to bend the flange you think?

Sports are equal length shafts as well. No different in a rear axle shaft change from JK to JL. Same repair process.

Last edited:

ncb

It's probably damn near identical to a JK ( https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-Axle-Shaft-Removal-amp-Installation-Write-Up ) . Are you getting a repetitive squeak, squeak, squeak?

After I just recently bent one for a 3rd time this season, I've decided not to replace it and deal with the squeak. One of them I bent on a moderately easy trail a couple years back. They can bend easily.

Had the squeak squeak in my JK. Installed TEN Factory brand axles and never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mac77

Appreciate the info. I don't have the 44.. haven't opened it up yet tho.. build sheet called out for the M200. Looks like this will be tomorrow's project.. and some caster adjustment, double check torque on everything and probably a wash.. should be a good day.. this is my daily driver/office, needs to be running solid.. thanks again for all the info.

Appreciate the info. I don't have the 44.. haven't opened it up yet tho.. build sheet called out for the M200. Looks like this will be tomorrow's project.. and some caster adjustment, double check torque on everything and probably a wash.. should be a good day.. this is my daily driver/office, needs to be running solid.. thanks again for all the info.

Did you get the limited slip differential option for $450? If so you have a 44 rear.

Mac77

Ok.. schedule didn't work out as expected.. was finally able to swap out the axle last night. Went good. Got a little concerned, just needed a little pry bar work, came right out.. cleaned and swapped everything over, went right back together.. and no more squeak squeak squeak.. It was driving me crazy.
Yes, I did get the limited slip for the D35. Damn that would have terrible if I had got the wrong axle setup..
I drive this Jeep everyday for work, kind of a 4wd rolling office, I put alot of miles on it. Your input and help here is definitely appreciated.
The only problem I have is... I keep reading about and finding new stuff that I HAVE to get.. is that normal? Does evebody do that?? Is there some sort of JA meeting I should attend??

Thanks,

Ok.. schedule didn't work out as expected.. Yes, I did get the limited slip for the D35. Damn that would have terrible if I had got the wrong axle setup..

It’s not the Dana 35 rear It’s a 44. You sure you got the right stuff?

This is from the spicer Jeep JK/JL product brochure.

Attachments

• ScreenShot 2019-09-05 at 1.35.30 PM.jpg
    ScreenShot 2019-09-05 at 1.35.30 PM.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 43

Mac77

Oh man.. don't stress me out.. running out of hair.. in ordering the part I did go back and forth with a rep or 2. Checked the build sheet, showed an m200 shaft. Once the old shaft was out, confirmed exact match.. I wouldn't think it would be too much wheel for those axles, might be??

JTCO

Meme King
Oh man.. don't stress me out.. running out of hair.. in ordering the part I did go back and forth with a rep or 2. Checked the build sheet, showed an m200 shaft. Once the old shaft was out, confirmed exact match.. I wouldn't think it would be too much wheel for those axles, might be??

If shafts matched (no homo) , then I'm sure you're good to go. I bet Scott would know for sure.