Synergy track bar install (pre production)

Arrowhead

I installed the Synergy drag link a few months ago as my stock drag link was shot and had slop in the one end (defective tie rod end that wears out prematurely). But I also noticed slop in the bushing on the track bar (another factory defect). I was so impressed with Synergy's drag link I inquired about their track bar and when it would be released. I liked how they do the adjustment collar (on vehicle adjustment) and their tie rod ends on the drag link are off the shelf and economically priced. Looking at their track bars they use a multi layer poly and Teflon bushing for low maintenance yet high performance. The track bars were not ready for production so a few months later I inquired again and Chris at Synergy hooked me up with a pre-production unit (yes I paid for it).

Install was pretty easy, the track bar comes preassembled and ready to install - just need to adjust the length for your application. I set the length to match the stock track bar as I only have about 1-1/2" of lift from Rubicon take off springs. Since axle placement did not need to be adjusted I know this track bar will work for stock height applications too. The hardest part was getting leverage to torque the bolts (did it with the Jeep on the ground, not on a lift or stands). The pinch bolt takes a quite a few turns to collapse the collar but eventually you will get to the torque spec. Overall I'm very happy with the components. In my case I needed to replace the worn stock components anyway and the fact that they also help tighten my steering was an added benefit.

Side note:
When I did the drag link months ago, the steering wheel was just a little off and thought I would just wait until I did the track bar to adjust as things might move around again. But I was thinking there's no way that the adjustment sleeve is going to turn after having the pinch collar clamped down as tight as it is. Well just loosening the pinch bolt and I could almost adjust the collar by hand - very surprised how easy it was.

20190808_185114.jpg

20190810_180943.jpg

20190810_183355.jpg

20190810_183411.jpg

20190810_183752.jpg

20190810_183816.jpg

Here's a tip. Holding the nuts can be tricky while you torque the bolts. For the track bar bolt I used the 21mm combination wench I got from Harbor Freight. I bought their jumbo extra long set when I did the drag link, the extra length is handy when torqueing the bolts. For the frame end, I was able to catch the wrench on the axle to keep it from turning. For the pinch bolt, I was able to catch the 3/4" wrench on the edge of the diff cover.

20190810_183248.jpg

20190810_183100.jpg