Teraflex nomad off-road wheels

coderedh

Teraflex Nomad Off-road Wheels apparently are now available. From what I gather, these wheels are made so you do it pop a bead after you air down. I am interested, but wanted to get the opinions of those far more experienced than myself. Your thoughts?

41E5F776-A8DF-4C1E-8D68-AB6E7AAD4E71.jpeg

ddays v2

As usual Teraflex offers marketing mumbo-jumbo instead of true innovation. They have knurling on the inside of the bead where the tire sits on the wheel that supposedly allows you to air down and the wheel not spin. If you anticipate running that low of an air pressure invest in a set of true beadlocks. There are brands out there with pricing close to those Nomads - Method and Dirtylife to name a couple. Otherwise, you're perfectly fine airing down in the teen range on stock/aftermarket wheels - lots of guys do it with no issues

coderedh

As usual Teraflex offers marketing mumbo-jumbo instead of true innovation. They have knurling on the inside of the bead where the tire sits on the wheel that supposedly allows you to air down and the wheel not spin. If you anticipate running that low of an air pressure invest in a set of true beadlocks. There are brands out there with pricing close to those Nomads - Method and Dirtylife to name a couple. Otherwise, you're perfectly fine airing down in the teen range on stock/aftermarket wheels - lots of guys do it with no issues

Thanks for the input! I think I will stick with my original selection of the Fuel Off Road Enduro.