Mopar lift dealer installed problem

Onlyone

Just some quick info about Mopar springs. Most everyone knows they are corner specific. Except maybe the dealer that installed mine. I have never in all my years let anyone install anything but tires on my Jeeps. This time the wife said, screw it. Let them do it. I complained but gave in.

I have noticed here and there without measuring, that it was leaning toward the pass side. I finally measured them today and sure enough, about 1/2” to 3/4 lower on the pass. Checked the springs and there it was. They had the rear springs on the wrong sides. I went ahead and did the swap real quick. One spring is taller than the other and after the swap, now it’s just about perfectly even.

Sorry for the long post, but if you’re having these problems and someone else installed, it’s probably wrong. All good now. It even seems to ride better too. Easy fix but frustrating. I’ve learned my lesson.

VitaMeVas

Honestly, for every year I get older, I tolerate less and less of this crap. I’d spend the day tracking down the person (kid) that did the install and drag them (by the ear) out to fix it. Then waste the dealers time venting about it. Actually, I’d probably screw it up myself and get yelled at by my wife. It’s all the same to me. 😬

Onlyone

Honestly, for every year I get older, I tolerate less and less of this crap. I’d spend the day tracking down the person (kid) that did the install and drag them (by the ear) out to fix it. Then waste the dealers time venting about it. Actually, I’d probably screw it up myself and get yelled at by my wife. It’s all the same to me. 😬
Lol. Yes I know but it would just waste more of my time. I live a couple hours away. Being almost 50 I was being lazy letting them do it. When my diesel Gladiator is in my garage I’ll do it myself. :thumb:

Onlyone

Sadly amazing that the dealer wouldn't be aware of that.
Well I’m sure they were aware, or maybe they weren’t. Do you think they got the front springs correct by luck or they were just tired by the time they got to the rear? Lol:cheesy:

Just some quick info about Mopar springs. Most everyone knows they are corner specific. Except maybe the dealer that installed mine. I have never in all my years let anyone install anything but tires on my Jeeps. This time the wife said, screw it. Let them do it. I complained but gave in.

I have noticed here and there without measuring, that it was leaning toward the pass side. I finally measured them today and sure enough, about 1/2” to 3/4 lower on the pass. Checked the springs and there it was. They had the rear springs on the wrong sides. I went ahead and did the swap real quick. One spring is taller than the other and after the swap, now it’s just about perfectly even.

Sorry for the long post, but if you’re having these problems and someone else installed, it’s probably wrong. All good now. It even seems to ride better too. Easy fix but frustrating. I’ve learned my lesson.

Absolutely pathetic! You should of raised HELL and made them change it. I don't really blame you though for dealing with it yourself.