Thread: Mopar lift dealer installed problem

Mopar lift dealer installed problem

Just some quick info about Mopar springs. Most everyone knows they are corner specific. Except maybe the dealer that installed mine. I have never in all my years let anyone install anything but tires on my Jeeps. This time the wife said, screw it. Let them do it. I complained but gave in.

I have noticed here and there without measuring, that it was leaning toward the pass side. I finally measured them today and sure enough, about 1/2Ē to 3/4 lower on the pass. Checked the springs and there it was. They had the rear springs on the wrong sides. I went ahead and did the swap real quick. One spring is taller than the other and after the swap, now itís just about perfectly even.

Sorry for the long post, but if youíre having these problems and someone else installed, itís probably wrong. All good now. It even seems to ride better too. Easy fix but frustrating. Iíve learned my lesson.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Sadly amazing that the dealer wouldn't be aware of that.

Honestly, for every year I get older, I tolerate less and less of this crap. Iíd spend the day tracking down the person (kid) that did the install and drag them (by the ear) out to fix it. Then waste the dealers time venting about it. Actually, Iíd probably screw it up myself and get yelled at by my wife. Itís all the same to me. 😬
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Quote Originally Posted by VitaMeVas View Post
    Honestly, for every year I get older, I tolerate less and less of this crap. Iíd spend the day tracking down the person (kid) that did the install and drag them (by the ear) out to fix it. Then waste the dealers time venting about it. Actually, Iíd probably screw it up myself and get yelled at by my wife. Itís all the same to me. 😬
    Lol. Yes I know but it would just waste more of my time. I live a couple hours away. Being almost 50 I was being lazy letting them do it. When my diesel Gladiator is in my garage Iíll do it myself.
    2018 JLUR SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Sadly amazing that the dealer wouldn't be aware of that.
    Well Iím sure they were aware, or maybe they werenít. Do you think they got the front springs correct by luck or they were just tired by the time they got to the rear? Lol
    2018 JLUR SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    Just some quick info about Mopar springs. Most everyone knows they are corner specific. Except maybe the dealer that installed mine. I have never in all my years let anyone install anything but tires on my Jeeps. This time the wife said, screw it. Let them do it. I complained but gave in.

I have noticed here and there without measuring, that it was leaning toward the pass side. I finally measured them today and sure enough, about 1/2Ē to 3/4 lower on the pass. Checked the springs and there it was. They had the rear springs on the wrong sides. I went ahead and did the swap real quick. One spring is taller than the other and after the swap, now itís just about perfectly even.

Sorry for the long post, but if youíre having these problems and someone else installed, itís probably wrong. All good now. It even seems to ride better too. Easy fix but frustrating. Iíve learned my lesson.
    Absolutely pathetic! You should of raised HELL and made them change it. I don't really blame you though for dealing with it yourself.

Been Around the Block
    Doesnít surprise me one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mind me asking which dealership?

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app