Which of these budget boosts is better?

cornhohleo

Trying to determine which budget boost I’d like to go with. It’s going to be mainly for looks, and a limited and little offroad use, but nothing extreme at all. I’m trying to decide wether to to with a Rough Country 2.5 or a ReadyLift SST 2.5. Which would you go with and why? Gonna be running some 305/70/17 MTs with some bronze Venomrex VR-501 and I can’t wait to get it a little higher up.

JTCO

Meme King
Trying to determine which budget boost I’d like to go with. It’s going to be mainly for looks, and a limited and little offroad use, but nothing extreme at all. I’m trying to decide wether to to with a Rough Country 2.5 or a ReadyLift SST 2.5. Which would you go with and why? Gonna be running some 305/70/17 MTs with some bronze Venomrex VR-501 and I can’t wait to get it a little higher up.

Honestly, a budget boost is about affordability. Myself, I would go with the cheaper one since they both appear to have the same parts. Or even just look into Synergy spacers but you won't get 2.5 inches higher.

https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-front-and-rear-coil-spring-spacers.html?category_id=4980

ddd.jpg

cornhohleo

Honestly, a budget boost is about affordability. Myself, I would go with the cheaper one since they both appear to have the same parts. Or even just look into Synergy spacers but you won't get 2.5 inches higher.

https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-front-and-rear-coil-spring-spacers.html?category_id=4980

View attachment 13213

That’s kinda what I was leaning towards. I guess I was just leaning towards which one was made of better quality.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
That’s kinda what I was leaning towards. I guess I was just leaning towards which one was made of better quality.

Honestly, the only budget boost spacer that I've seen fail was Teraflex. The other thing you may want to look into if you're running just a spacer is to make sure your sway bar links are long enough when your axle articulates.

Deezus

Or pm me I have 2 lifts for sale. Evo budget boost or Rancho 2"sport lift. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Deezus

I have an Evo budget boost that I believe will work on 2 and 4 doors.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I just put on the AEV 2" and while it was a pain in the ass, it is super high quality and it comes with their Procal so you can reset the tire size. Their instructions suck and you need to cobble together stuff from a bunch of other sources.

At 2 inches on 33s my drive quality has gone WAY down. Above 60mph its noticeable, about 75mph sketchy. I just ordered a set of the Mopar control arms that come from their 2" lift (68322798AA $70bucks shipped) to increase my caster and will likely be adding a rancho front track bar depending on how the control arms help.

ncb

I just put on the AEV 2" and while it was a pain in the ass, it is super high quality and it comes with their Procal so you can reset the tire size. Their instructions suck and you need to cobble together stuff from a bunch of other sources.

At 2 inches on 33s my drive quality has gone WAY down. Above 60mph its noticeable, about 75mph sketchy. I just ordered a set of the Mopar control arms that come from their 2" lift (68322798AA $70bucks shipped) to increase my caster and will likely be adding a rancho front track bar depending on how the control arms help.

What did you have to source? I installed the same kit for a friend and had everything I needed. AEV’s instructions have always been geared towards a shop or person with lift install experience.

JP223/3USA

Spacers are the way to go on a tight budget. For the more expensive spacer kits that have sway bars, shock extension brackets etc, you’ll be better off spending a little bit more for a rancho kit. Do it right the first time or you’ll be like some of us who installed coil lifts months after installing our spacer lifts. Will you be doing the install yourself?

Last edited:

JP223/3USA

What do u mean by sketchy? Looseness in steering, wandering what do u mean man??? If there was no play in the trackbar prior to the lift, there is no reason a new trackbar will help. 2” lifts shouldn’t cause anything crazy and I would go back and check the torque on all your bolts.

What do u mean by sketchy? Looseness in steering, wandering what do u mean man??? If there was no play in the trackbar prior to the lift, there is no reason a new trackbar will help. 2” lifts shouldn’t cause anything crazy and I would go back and check the torque on all your bolts.
Sorry, yeah she wanders a ton and it gets worse as you go faster. I've got no dead spot in my steering and around 40-50 on a new road she's a dream. I tagged a paint line on the nuts/bolts and checked em a couple of times now. Everything looks fine. Literally anyone that's replaced their trackbar reports an improvement and the trackbar has a revised p/n so they've changed the design since. My Jeep was a Jan18 build so I'm sure I've got the earlier parts number on it.

Sketchy = caster, toe and psi.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ding Ding Ding! So I had an alignment before I lifted and went up on tires and was at 4.5 caster. I'm going to put the arms on tonight or tomorrow then do. driveway alignment to see what happens. I bet I need to adjust my tie rod a hair with the KM3s and with the added caster she'll be tight again.

What did you have to source? I installed the same kit for a friend and had everything I needed. AEV’s instructions have always been geared towards a shop or person with lift install experience.

So the front bumpstop screws were really short and hard to thread. The bolts aren't flagged like Dynatracs or Evos so they SUCKED to install. Like wasted hours trying different things and finding a special wrench. All the times I told myself "almost there"...... I should have just went an bought longer bolts right away. Thats all I had to "source", but I feel like they could have done a better job on the instructions on a kit they advertise as a 3hr install in your driveway with common hand tools.

cornhohleo

Spacers are the way to go on a tight budget. For the more expensive spacer kits that have sway bars, shock extension brackets etc, you’ll be better off spending a little bit more for a rancho kit. Do it right the first time or you’ll be like some of us who installed coil lifts months after installing our spacer lifts. Will you be doing the install yourself?

I’ll be getting one of the mechanics at the dealership I work to install it on a lift.

I’ll be getting one of the mechanics at the dealership I work to install it on a lift.

That's cool. I wish I'd had a lift and an air impact gun to make life easier. Keep in mind that after 100 miles you need to review all the bolts to make sure they're torqued to spec and that you'll need to recenter your steering wheel (see if you can get a free alignment as job perk!). But, both you can do yourself pretty easily.