StormBreaker Build

I’m in Ohio visiting a buddy and my wife sends me this[emoji30]went with Kings with the adjustable reservoir. Next month should be the High Clearance Long Arm Kit[emoji16]followed by wheels and tires, steering components, install of everything. Might take me a couple months but feels good to finally get this build started. IMG_3112.jpg

Originally I was gonna buy the Evo Long Arm Kit this month, long story short I spent more than I planned on our family vacation so LA kits has to wait till next month. But I can still buy tires which is what I’m gonna do. Decided on Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17. This brought me to look more into wheels. I’ve been looking at running KMC XD229s but a buddy of mine brought up Hutchinson’s Rock Monster. Wanted to see if anyone had run them before or know of someone and what they though of the wheel. They’re a two-piece design with an internal beadlock insert that clamps both inner and outer tire beads from what I’ve been reading. They do bring up that they’re a DOT approved beadlock, but don’t care for that. Only about $10-20 price difference between both wheels. A couple specs on each wheel.

KMC XD229
Size: 17X9
Bolt Pattern: 5X5
Offset: -38MM
Back Spacing: 3.50
Weight: 41lbs

Hutchinson Rock Monster
Size: 17x8.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x5
Offset: - 3.05mm
Back Spacing: 4.63
Weight: 44lbs

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I can't stand those bolts on the Rock Monsters. Mind you I have no personal experience, but then again I don't want any either.

Going to pull the trigger next week on the EVO high clearance long arm kit PLUS which comes with front and rear track bars, king bump stops, and KMC XD229s. Hopefully I have the Jeep in the shop in less than a month. Called Rancho to see about their track bars and was told they had the front in stock and ready to ship but not the rear and they had no ETA. I know some guys were waiting on orders a little bit ago.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Awesome. 😎 When you build your wheels, be sure to take your time going around and around and around and around and around and around. It takes a long time and a lot of patience to properly squish the beads on those Coopers.