Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: StormBreaker Build

Getting adjustable Kings was a mistakejoking! Drove it for a few days on the softest setting. It was still pretty firm. A couple days ago found the full range of clicks in both front and rear. 25 front and 28 rear. Did setting “13” on the front and “14” in the back. For street use this was a lot better but haven’t driven in normal road conditions as we’ve had snow for the past four days. Slight vibrations at mid range speeds, nothing super crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

With gearing, been able to get 8th gear if I’m on a highway or interstate, fluctuates from 7th to 8th. City driving I can feel the engine working slightly more with the weight of the 37s and beadlocks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

A couple Johnny Joint questions for you gents. What grease gun and grease are you guys running? I have a couple guns but wanna have a setup just for JJs. Did some digging online and read the CV Redline Red Moly was a good choice what do y’all think or just do the Currie Moly grease? Saw that a high pressure gun would be needed with the JJs. Any recommendations? Saw in a JK forum from Currie that to wait a bit before you start greasing them so they can break in a bit, after what mileage did you start greasing on a “schedule” for lack of a better term. Currie’s sure says to grease them every six months or before wheeling what route do you guys go with?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreakerTheJL View Post
    A couple Johnny Joint questions for you gents. What grease gun and grease are you guys running? I have a couple guns but wanna have a setup just for JJs. Did some digging online and read the CV Redline Red Moly was a good choice what do y’all think or just do the Currie Moly grease? Saw that a high pressure gun would be needed with the JJs. Any recommendations? Saw in a JK forum from Currie that to wait a bit before you start greasing them so they can break in a bit, after what mileage did you start greasing on a “schedule” for lack of a better term. Currie’s sure says to grease them every six months or before wheeling what route do you guys go with?
    I grease mine every oil change. Standard gun and standard grease.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    I grease mine every oil change. Standard gun and standard grease.
    Thanks for the advice!

IMG_4164.jpgIMG_4162.jpgIMG_4171.jpg

Did some wheeling in the mountains today. Slowly dialing the settings on the Kings. My on road setting was too stiff for the wheeling we we’re doing. Dialed it back to about setting 7 and it was a lot better still could do a little softer for higher speeds on the dirt roads.

Nice pics. Where abouts were you at?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Nice pics. Where abouts were you at?
    Old Stage Road to Ring the Peak Trail here in the Springs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345