mac214 Gladiator Rubicon Build

mac214

I will start by posting my original into as it is crazy how things in life can change. When I posted this, we were getting ready to head to Tacoma Washington with our 2 boys and begin a new job in the Guard at JBLM. Now, almost 2 years later we are back home in Colorado, had our 3rd kid (baby girl - first two are boys) and I have placed an order for a Gladiator Rubicon in Firecracker Red instead of the JLUR i had planned prior.

Hello, I am currently in the process of moving to Tacoma from Wichita KS. I have had a number of cars/trucks but haven’t had a Jeep since leaving Colorado in 2006.

At that point I had had an XJ with small lift and then the one I still miss, a 2000 TJ Sport on Old Man EMU HD, 33s, etc... When my wife and I left CO, we decided to keep our truck and short of having a 99 Sahara for a few months as a flip, we haven’t been in an area that inspired me to have a Jeep. When we found out we were moving to Tacoma, I decided to put my e39 M5 up for sale and will be looking to order a new JLUR after we get into our new home and sell our home in KS.

Can’t wait, this will be the first vehicle I have ever bought brand new as new cars on the market haven’t really interested me in a long time. My almost 4yo has already requested red, so we shall see. She will be welcomed with open arms and share space with my 2001 King Ranch and 99 e39 BMW 540/6.

Outgoing:
View attachment 982

Current:
View attachment 983
View attachment 984

Past:
View attachment 985

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am getting ready to post my ‘99 BMW 540i with 6 speed on Bring-a-trailer and will be eagerly awaiting the delivery of the Gladiator I ordered last week.

I can’t wait to get out and start exploring CO again. We had been gone for 12 years in the military and it is nice to be home with no move planned.

As far as the Gladiator, my wife and I were torn between it and the JLUR. Ultimately, after adding a 3rd kid, we decided the utility of the bed would be beneficial in the long run. Maybe my wife will pick up a JLUR in a few years.

Anyways, hope I can meet up with some members on the trails here!

Cheers.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Thanks everyone! Can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Probably the same spot yours was in last week.

I think it actually is, lol. That red SUV looks identical to the one in the pics next to mine. Who's your sales person?