Overheating...

MSUConrad

My Jeep has started to overheat - 2019 JLUR 4cy turbo. It seems to run hot 210+ most of the time, but honestly I didn’t start watching the number until it would overheat.

It always seems to do it on the highway. First the temp rises just past halfway, then the adaptive cruise turns off and gives “cruise canceled, service system”, then I can’t maintain 70 and it overheats as I try to - like to the max, reduced power, AC shuts off, must pull over.

Jeep cares has been responsive and helpful, the dealer is trouble shooting and gave me a new Wrangler Sahara to borrow. Anyone else had this issue? I’d like to pass along any info I can to the service guys.

Onlyone

My Jeep has started to overheat - 2019 JLUR 4cy turbo. It seems to run hot 210+ most of the time, but honestly I didn’t start watching the number until it would overheat.

It always seems to do it on the highway. First the temp rises just past halfway, then the adaptive cruise turns off and gives “cruise canceled, service system”, then I can’t maintain 70 and it overheats as I try to - like to the max, reduced power, AC shuts off, must pull over.

Jeep cares has been responsive and helpful, the dealer is trouble shooting and gave me a new Wrangler Sahara to borrow. Anyone else had this issue? I’d like to pass along any info I can to the service guys.
Sorry you’re dealing with this, I drive to work in the early mornings (like today unfortunately)but I have been in some 105+ temps with no problems. I do know my fans run like crazy in those temps but it always keeps it’s cool. Are your fans really loud in the heat?

medsker

It happened to me also. Let me know what you find. Mine would reset as soon as I turned the Jeep on and off. It happened three times heading from Tuscon to Salt Lake City. Every time it happened I was pulling a long hill. It was a pain to have to pull over every time it happened. I doubt it has anything to do with it but I had hooked up my Tazer the night before the trip.

Onlyone

It happened to me also. Let me know what you find. Mine would reset as soon as I turned the Jeep on and off. It happened three times heading from Tuscon to Salt Lake City. Every time it happened I was pulling a long hill. It was a pain to have to pull over every time it happened. I doubt it has anything to do with it but I had hooked up my Tazer the night before the trip.
Are the fans running? Mine run at various speeds depending, but you know when they are on.

MSUConrad

Long hills are the exact place where mine overheats. RPMs are not crazy high, but it hits the red quick!

Fans are running almost always, and LOUD. After about 20 min of driving the steering wheel vibrates like holding a weed eater.

MSUConrad

Also, I have the Tazer plugged in. I think something came undone or broke. Jeep was fine with 37s, beedlocks, Tazer, etc... for 6k miles before this started happening.

IMG_2689.jpg

My JLUR didn’t overheat to where I had to stop but it would give me problems after it got hotter than 80 degrees or so outside. The autostart would be disabled, the fan would turn on and be super loud even after driving it for a couple minutes and at a stop it would idle like it had a weird power surge. Don’t know if you have these symptoms but I had to get my PCM flashed. I showed the dealership this picture, they did the PCM flash and since then I haven’t had a problem. It works great now and haven’t had a problem since. Not saying this is the fix but this helped me out with what I was dealing with.

MSUConrad

Thanks! I had not seen this but the fan does sound like a jet engine most of the time. I’ll ask about this today / tomorrow depending if they are open.