Input on 2.5” Lift

HERIKANE

Looking for input good or bad on what you’re running for a 2.5” lift. I have a JLUR and will be fully upgraded to steel bumpers, winch and 35’s (as far as extra weight) when all is said and done. I also have a small RPod camper we pull occasionally. On my previous ‘08 JKUR, I had the same general configuration and ran Old Man Emu 2.5” shocks/heavy coil package which was more like 3.5”. Anyhow, any input would be welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

I am running the 2.5” stage iv EVO Enforcer with King shocks. I like the kit very well and performs extremely well off road and great on road manners. If I have one regret is that I didn’t opt for adjustable shocks. They are just a tad firmer than I would like and if I had a dial I could perfect them to my taste. But no worries, when they are do for a rebuild I will just revalve them a tad softer.

2Wheel-Lee

I am running the 2.5” stage iv EVO Enforcer with King shocks. I like the kit very well and performs extremely well off road and great on road manners. If I have one regret is that I didn’t opt for adjustable shocks. They are just a tad firmer than I would like and if I had a dial I could perfect them to my taste. But no worries, when they are do for a rebuild I will just revalve them a tad softer.

From what I understand, the adjustable ones even at the softest setting are still stiffer than the non-adjustable versions. The valving is said to be the same between the two, but with the adjustable ones, the fluid from shock shaft fluid displacement still has to flow through the adjustment area adding resistance.

dixonk

From what I understand, the adjustable ones even at the softest setting are still stiffer than the non-adjustable versions. The valving is said to be the same between the two, but with the adjustable ones, the fluid from shock shaft fluid displacement still has to flow through the adjustment area adding resistance.

Yeah? I think mine is a pressure issue. They were shipped with no pressure. At first it felt like the windows were going to break every time I hit a bump. Then I checked and it needed nitrogen. Called EVO and they said 150psi. Much much better. Still a bit firm. Yesterday I called King and they said the correct pressure is 70psi. So tomorrow I will drop the pressure.

2Wheel-Lee

Interesting about the difference in pressure recommendations. I don't have mine yet, so I'm curious what you find works for you.

HERIKANE

Thanks for the input!

HERIKANE

Thanks for the input!

Anyone with thoughts on linear vs progressive coils? I was told that progressive rate coils ride smoother on road but I don’t want to sacrifice height. As I mentioned, I know OME heavy coils and didn’t mind the stiffness.

Also, any suggestions on best way to improve steering responsiveness? I don’t expect a sports car ride but what would best improve handling? Thx in advance!