Bimini top for JL? I can only find mesh, want REAL shade!

Toycrusher

Heat index is like 140° in S. Texas. I'm looking for a Bimini top for a JLUR that TOTALLY blocks the sun as well as those once-a-year rains that fall. All I can seem to find are useless mesh screens. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Seems everyone makes them for CJ and TJ but nothing newer.

Thanks!

Clark Griswold

Mopar JL Sun Bonnet in vinyl is all I can find as well, same material as a soft top I believe. Amazon, Quadratec or Jeep.
Heat index is like 140° in S. Texas. I'm looking for a Bimini top for a JLUR that TOTALLY blocks the sun as well as those once-a-year rains that fall. All I can seem to find are useless mesh screens. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Seems everyone makes them for CJ and TJ but nothing newer.

Thanks!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Toycrusher

Just got it in. Seems a decent weight canvas. Not sure when I'll get a chance to try installing it but when I do I'll post an update

Napalm

Just got it in. Seems a decent weight canvas. Not sure when I'll get a chance to try installing it but when I do I'll post an update

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I’m torn between going ahead and ordering my Trektop and just using the Bimini top included with that, or just picking up a spiderweb shade

Hey, at least it’s finally starting to cool down(ish) here in Tejas. Post up some pics when you get it installed!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NoahVD

I just installed the Rampage top on my JLUR and I gotta say I am very pleased with it. It mounts up very well and has a very noticeable effect on the amount of wind in the cab with the top off. Much less wind than with a mesh top. I have to wonder if the price on the Rampage website for the 4 door is wrong because its only $45 while the 2 door version is $170. That said, I ordered mine from Rampage and paid $45 and they sent it. Either way, I would recommend this for someone looking for a non mesh top, Especially for the price on the 4 door.

DavidDJL69

I ordered one and they emailed me and told me it was their policy to issue immediate refunds when items were out of stock. It wasn’t out of stock when I ordered it. Some customer service. Heck I still want the top! [emoji52]

NoahVD

Just found out Rampage has 14 of these tops available now after refunding the $ for my initial order saying they were out of stock. We’ll see if I get one this go around. OP what do you think of the quality?

I am very satisfied with the quality. The canvas feels heavy and the windshield channel fits the front very well. It has some velco straps and the only possible weak point over time I see is it uses some plastic tabs for the rear mounting point.
20200301_163406.jpg

20200301_163328.jpg

Gerry878

Nice! Been looking for something like this but was skeptical of grabbing this specific item. Pulling the trigger based on your reviews. Really appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience! Cheers :)