Smoke Tailight for JL with sensors

asmith1923

I would never judge anyone for modifying their vehicle, but I’ve never understood smoking out taillights and headlights. Why would anyone want to risk someone not seeing you apply your brakes??
Safety first, especially with all the distracted drivers out there these days.

Leave the taillights alone and get a spare tire cover that says, GET OFF YOUR DAMN PHONE. [emoji23]

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

MoparMari

LOL love these replies. Thanks for selling me the set that you couldn’t use. I really love the look and unlike what they’re saying above you can see the brake lights (day and night).

JTCO

Meme King
I don't mind the look of them. Smoked lenses look really good on sports cars.

We bought our JK pre-owned and somebody had used the paint on the red lenses so they look smoked out. It looks ok. On our JT, though, I don't mind the red.

Bsimon187

I was running the Quake LEDs that were smoked in the rear mainly because they were way cheaper than a factory individual light. While riding in a big group all last week I heard a ton of mixed comments about not being able to see my brake lights well during day or night. I’ve got another set on order that is slightly smoked but has a different light design and you can plug up the sensor in the light still. 300 for set vs $$$$ for one factory light.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL_John

I was running the Quake LEDs that were smoked in the rear mainly because they were way cheaper than a factory individual light. While riding in a big group all last week I heard a ton of mixed comments about not being able to see my brake lights well during day or night. I’ve got another set on order that is slightly smoked but has a different light design and you can plug up the sensor in the light still. 300 for set vs $$$$ for one factory light.

Yup, When I was behind you during the day it was hard to see your break lights. But, those Quakes did bounce off quite a few trees and even though they were held on by duct tape they still worked after all those hits!