Death Wobble cause by air in the stabilizer?

JTCO

Meme King
Has anyone had these issues with the gladiator?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

You think your having an issue with one on a gladiator?

I haven't heard of any full on death wobble on the Gladiator. With that being said, the JL has been out for about a year longer and everyone that I know that had experienced it had about 20k-ish on the JL odometer. I sure hope the Gladiator is different.

I occasionally get a little dead spot in the center of my steering but it's so minor that I don't even think it's abnormal. It's way more comfortable and controllable than our other Jeeps. It's NOT death wobble.

Buggaboo

I’ve had this issue twice. I’ve been through two OEM steering stabilizers so far, both went bad with about 20k miles on them. When they start to go out I first start noticing a slight shudder in the steering wheel at highway speeds. Soon after, I get full blown wobble. All my joints/ends are fine and there’s no play in the steering components. Currently, I’m running a Fox 2.0 and it’s been excellent.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

JP223/3USA

When they start to go out I first start noticing a slight shudder in the steering wheel at highway speeds. Soon after, I get full blown wobble. All my joints/ends are fine and there’s no play in the steering components. Currently, I’m running a Fox 2.0 and it’s been excellent.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

There’s something you’re missing. If your steering was that bad, a steering stabilizer is only hiding the real issue.

Gtony12

I’ve had this issue twice. I’ve been through two OEM steering stabilizers so far, both went bad with about 20k miles on them. When they start to go out I first start noticing a slight shudder in the steering wheel at highway speeds. Soon after, I get full blown wobble. All my joints/ends are fine and there’s no play in the steering components. Currently, I’m running a Fox 2.0 and it’s been excellent.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

I had a similar issue, i was able to replace steering stabilizer but then later just got worse and worse. I removed the track-bar and found the bushing was going bad. I couldn’t tell until I removed it and inspected it. I added the Rancho HD trackbar and issues resolved even ran with out stabilizer and had no issues. Just FYI maybe take a look at.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Bad stabilizer does NOT cause death wobble. Something worn or loose. Like others mentioned, stabilizer masks it. Check all the bushings. Make sure track bar MOUNT holes are not elongated. Loose or worn components cause death wobble on any solid axle vehicle, not just Wranglers.