VIDEO : LINE-X the bed of our GLADIATOR - SEE HOW IT'S DONE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, one of the things we wanted on our Jeep JT Gladiator Rubicon from the factory and would have gotten had we been willing to wait for the Launch Edition that we originally ordered, is a bedlined bed. This is of course because we do plan on using our Gladiator as the pickup truck that it is. And, while I have bedlined a few Jeep tubs in the past and been happy with the results, Cindy and I decided that for our Gladiator, we wanted to have something a bit more professionally done. Needless to say, that's why we went to Line-X and in this short video, you'll get a close up look at what it takes to get their bedliner and Premium Top Coat, sprayed into a bed of a Jeep Gladiator truck. We hope you enjoy and find the information to be useful.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

ddays v2

Cool video, thanks! That premium coat looks great.
LOL, loved that joker in the hot rod revving up in the background at the beginning. :crazyeyes:

JTCO

Meme King
Looks great. One of the first things I'm going to do. Kind of surprised they didn't pull the plastic trim up top, but looks great regardless. Really clean work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video, thanks! That premium coat looks great.
LOL, loved that joker in the hot rod revving up in the background at the beginning. :crazyeyes:

LOL! Hot August Nights was going on. It's a big classic car event and there were some mighty fine rides all over the place.

Looks great. One of the first things I'm going to do. Kind of surprised they didn't pull the plastic trim up top, but looks great regardless. Really clean work.

I was kind of surprised as well but it still came out great.

LauraRose

Wow, they did an awesome job on the bed liner!!

Creative beginning - who was the guy who opened the tailgate to reveal the "precious cargo"?! :)

Just kidding, I watched it a few times & realized that it was you and your twin brother - you can't fool me Eddie!! :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, they did an awesome job on the bed liner!!

Creative beginning - who was the guy who opened the tailgate to reveal the "precious cargo"?! :)

Just kidding, I watched it a few times & realized that it was you and your twin brother - you can't fool me Eddie!! :cheesy:

:cheesy: Happy to hear you could enjoy some of the silly things we do :)

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Looks great!

I was hoping for a little more skin though.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Hwycycle

Looks great! I commented on the video, but it won’t hurt for others to be informed of this minor issue.

If you’re going to have you bed LineX’d.... make sure to ask the tech applying the product to also spray the bottom of the tailgate and the vertical are just below the bed down to the bumper. For lack of a better description, I call it the “tailgate jamb”... just like the door jamb anywhere else. My LineX dealer called it a “Contractors Cut”.

After having my F150 LineX’d, I rolled a dolly into the bed and the smaller wheel dropped into the “tailgate jamb”. The result was a heavily scratched body and tailgate. I returned to the shop where the LineX was applied to inquire about having this area coated..... and that’s when they informed me of the Contractor Cut.

It’s only pennies worth of product and no more labor time to tape off the extra area, but it should be an automatic when lining the bed.

PS, I thought the premium top coat was a lifetime coating? Your LineX rep stated it’s only good for 5 years??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video🤙🏽that Premium coat put the cherry on top, looked amazing at the end.

Thanks! So glad you liked it :)

Looks great!

I was hoping for a little more skin though.

You're gonna make me blush :eek:

Looks great! I commented on the video, but it won’t hurt for others to be informed of this minor issue.

If you’re going to have you bed LineX’d.... make sure to ask the tech applying the product to also spray the bottom of the tailgate and the vertical are just below the bed down to the bumper. For lack of a better description, I call it the “tailgate jamb”... just like the door jamb anywhere else. My LineX dealer called it a “Contractors Cut”.

After having my F150 LineX’d, I rolled a dolly into the bed and the smaller wheel dropped into the “tailgate jamb”. The result was a heavily scratched body and tailgate. I returned to the shop where the LineX was applied to inquire about having this area coated..... and that’s when they informed me of the Contractor Cut.

It’s only pennies worth of product and no more labor time to tape off the extra area, but it should be an automatic when lining the bed.

PS, I thought the premium top coat was a lifetime coating? Your LineX rep stated it’s only good for 5 years??

The Line-X has a lifetime warranty. I think the UV top coat is good to protect from fading for 5 years or more.

You're not alone!! lol!

Laura Rose from PA

:crazyeyes:

Jeeeep

how long did it take to completer? seems like it went on fast and immediately was able to stand on it to get the premium coating on it.

looks so much better than brush on method

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
how long did it take to completer? seems like it went on fast and immediately was able to stand on it to get the premium coating on it.

looks so much better than brush on method

From start to finish, probably took about 2 hours and prep took the longest amount of time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Came out fantastic! Thank you for sharing the process with us :thumb:

Thanks and I'm glad that we could show others what all is involved in doing this as well as how quickly it can be done. For the price, I really don't think it can be beat.

Shadowfire

Did you consider color matching it, or does Line-X offer that? I’ve seen color matched and it is hard to tell until you get close. I’ve had every truck and one Jeep done in black and over time I always manage to scuff or discolor it with crap I haul. I’m sure based on how you take care of your stuff you won’t have an issue..thanks for the video.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app