Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Wiring Through The Firewall...Manual Transmission

  1. #11
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Ok, question....Is Aux 3 ok to power the high beams? That wire is tiny! I don't want to overload it.

  2. #12
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Ok, question....Is Aux 3 ok to power the high beams? That wire is tiny! I don't want to overload it.
    Look at how many amps your lights draw combined & hook to an appropriate aux wire...

    Aux 1&2 are good for 40 amp each
    Aux 3&4 are good for 15 amp Each

  3. #13
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Look at how many amps your lights draw combined & hook to an appropriate aux wire...

    Aux 1&2 are good for 40 amp each
    Aux 3&4 are good for 15 amp Each
    I went with 1 and 2, with 1 being high beam. I put the back lighting on 4 and my Rigid Side Shooters on 3.

    These things are outstanding!! I really appreciate the help and advice!

    BD was right. You can really feel the heat to the front of these, so there are no worries about freezing over like the headlights and foglights can do in certain snow conditions.


  4. #14
    Been Around the Block MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    484
    Some nice info, thanks for that! I love these lights, but they are really not cheap....

    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  5. #15
    Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    419
    The lights look great, congrats on getting them all hooked up correctly!!
    1990 YJ
    2018 JL

  6. #16
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    The lights look great, congrats on getting them all hooked up correctly!!
    Thanks! They are fantastic. I'm now really thinking about losing the cowling mounted Rigid side shooters so that I can put the windshield down, Lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •