Teraflex 2.5 performance lift any good?

cornhohleo

Thinking about adding the 2.5 inch performance spacer lift kit with shock extensions for my 2 door JL sport. Anyone have any experience with it, and if it’s any good? I use mine pretty much as a daily driver, only hills around here are the highways, and I’m adding 305/70/17s to it. Also, I read that they recommend they’re lower control arms to correct pinion angle, so any input on that would be appreciated as we. IMG_3664.JPGIMG_3665.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Honestly, teraflex doesn't have the best reputation for quality. Even on the JK, their spring spacers deteriorated. If I were in your shoes but still wanted this style of lift, I would look for something else. I'd deal with tires rubbing the fenders before I'd purchase a teraflex product. But that's just me.

CalSgt

Thinking about adding the 2.5 inch performance spacer lift kit with shock extensions for my 2 door JL sport. Anyone have any experience with it, and if it’s any good? I use mine pretty much as a daily driver, only hills around here are the highways, and I’m adding 305/70/17s to it. Also, I read that they recommend they’re lower control arms to correct pinion angle, so any input on that would be appreciated as we.

Not sure what they want for that kit but the spring spacers look like cheap hollow molded plastic, I wouldn't use spacers that cheap on my suspension. Also if I remember correctly TF doesn't get a lot of love around here for poor quality. I bought a cheap boost kit but the spring spacers were solid machined aluminum, not as strong as steel but they were a temporary solution until I could afford springs.

An EVO MFG boost kit with shock extensions and "Overland" control arm drop brackets goes for about $824 from exodusjeeps. If you aren't going rock crawling the overland brackets are an inexpensive way to correct control arm geometry.

BTW i put 10K miles on my 2" boost kit without control arms & didn't have any issues...

cornhohleo

Honestly, teraflex doesn't have the best reputation for quality. Even on the JK, their spring spacers deteriorated. If I were in your shoes but still wanted this style of lift, I would look for something else. I'd deal with tires rubbing the fenders before I'd purchase a teraflex product. But that's just me.

Thank you for the input, I’m pretty new to what’s good for jeeps because I’ve always owned pickups before!

cornhohleo

Not sure what they want for that kit but the spring spacers look like cheap hollow molded plastic, I wouldn't use spacers that cheap on my suspension. Also if I remember correctly TF doesn't get a lot of love around here for poor quality. I bought a cheap boost kit but the spring spacers were solid machined aluminum, not as strong as steel but they were a temporary solution until I could afford springs.

An EVO MFG boost kit with shock extensions and "Overland" control arm drop brackets goes for about $824 from exodusjeeps. If you aren't going rock crawling the overland brackets are an inexpensive way to correct control arm geometry.

BTW i put 10K miles on my 2" boost kit without control arms & didn't have any issues...

Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely have to check that kit out!

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I would rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than buy teraflex.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal