2” spacer lift install questions

Ha. Thanks for the input. After I coil lifted my JKU, the ride was very stiff. After getting the JLU, I really enjoy the cushy ride and would like to wear out the OE components first before doing a lift. Considering the Dynatrac endurosport Eddie was sporting.

So I switched to 33s before the lift (I have a Sahara) and while they fit I wanted a bit more ground clearance so I went to the spacers. It was funny. It was definitely riding harsh & I thought it was because the shocks were sitting at a different height. While the coil spacers are 2”, the AEV shock spacers aren’t. I drove it around town for 2 weeks thinking I hated it. Then I did a road trip this weekend and a quick trail run & something happened. I don’t know what because all my bolts look torqued (I painted lines on them to visually check if they moved) but it’s back to feeling “stock”. There’s definitely a bit more roll under extreme gas & braking, but it’s comfortable now. I’ll also say it’s pretty good at 70-75mph, but starts to get flighty above that. LCAs & front rack bar are on my list, but since I’m not on the highway much it’s not killing me. I’m also going to do a driveway alignment this weekend to see if that helps at all.

I forgot to mention that I have a Fox stabilizer as well. I hit a lot of bridge joints & rail road tracks and would get some back & forth rebound. I’m sure the fox helps but I’m betting the track bar will be the level up I need.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Well the lift finally arrived and I spent sometime over the weekend and got it installed, Thanks for the tips, I read over all of them a couple times. I think it turned out well.20190823_152151.jpg20190823_152139.jpg
Now I need to install the snap wiring. any tips on opening the locking tabs. Electrical is my week point and don't want to screw up the OBD2

Edit : I just seen your other post and think that answered my question.

Attachments

• 20190823_152139.jpg
    20190823_152139.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited: