BUST - Part 4 : The California Emigrant Trail / I Have Seen the Elephant

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 4th and final episode of our epic overland journey across the California Emigrant Trail begins in the state of Idaho and over at the National Oregon/California Trail Center. It would be here that we'd get to time travel back to the mid 1800's and experience what it was like to be an emigrant pulling into Clover Creek or what is now known today as, Montpelier. From there, we made our way over to Soda Springs and marveled at the geysers and took a draw from the naturally carbonated waters gushing from its many springs. After making a stop over at Register rock, we worked our way to the City of Rocks and setup camp for the night. The follow day, we made our way briefly into Utah, crossed into Nevada and worked our way out to places like Stony Point, Iron point before and even made a stop at a Transcontinental Airway Beacon before our trek to the west came to an end.

A very special thanks to our good friends Tony, Stephanie, Tina, Carl, Toni, Et, Joe, Don, Lori, Ray, Kevin, Tom, Susan, Ken and Doug for joining us on this epic adventure! We love you guys :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you like what you see, want to see more videos like it and haven't done so already, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel by clicking the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

JTCO

Meme King
That was awesome. Great job putting that together. I loved the gun shop owner explaining the stats and wages. Really puts things in perspective. Hard to believe that the last wagon went through not that long ago. Look where we're at in merely 100 years (better or worse?) . So what happened to the Jeep at the end? Rollover? Was driver OK?

LauraRose

Love this 4 part series, thank you for taking us along!! I hope the guy who rolled his Jeep was OK.

RMC2

Excited to see another video.

I didn’t read the other comments first. That was not the ending I expected. Is he OK? Did he drift off and roll or break the axle first?

Before that, I was thinking “40s not required, adventurous sprit a must. Inquire within”

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was awesome. Great job putting that together. I loved the gun shop owner explaining the stats and wages. Really puts things in perspective. Hard to believe that the last wagon went through not that long ago. Look where we're at in merely 100 years (better or worse?) . So what happened to the Jeep at the end? Rollover? Was driver OK?

If you ever get a chance to visit Montpelier, I would HIGHLY recommend you visit the National Oregon/California Trails Center. We only put in a very small clip of what all you will learn there. They do a great job of teaching you so much about these emigrant.

Long story short, an axle bearing seized up and literally melted the shaft. This caused the flange and the wheel attached to it to come off. A 2-door running 38's, a bigass auxiliary tank in the rear, a ton of gear and without brakes isn't exactly easy to control at highway speeds. Needless to say, he rolled 4 times and was lucky to be alive.

what an adventure! :thumb::thumb:

Did you come up on that roll-over?

If you watch our other episodes, you will see that this Jeep was a part of our group.

Love this 4 part series, thank you for taking us along!! I hope the guy who rolled his Jeep was OK.

It was bad but Ken recovered nicely.

Excited to see another video.

I didn’t read the other comments first. That was not the ending I expected. Is he OK? Did he drift off and roll or break the axle first?

Before that, I was thinking “40s not required, adventurous sprit a must. Inquire within”

See posts above.

Wow, hope the driver/passengers in the burgundy Jeep are okay. Will be in our thoughts.

Thank you for your concern. Ken recovered nicely.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great end to a really awesome series! (End would have been better if not for the roll over)

Thank you. Would have been nice if the trip wasn't a bust.

Really enjoyed the entire series, some really cool scenery in episode 4. Thank you for sharing as always!

Really happy to hear you enjoyed it :)

Really enjoyed the whole series!!! Great video hope the guys in the Rollover are OK:thumb:

Thanks. Ken was hurt bad but recovered well.

tjeeper

Thanks Eddie for putting this video together, it was enjoyable. My family emigrated many generations ago, and I have always wondered what route they took. Your video really puts it into perspective the hardships and trials people went through to try to find a better life.

DavidDJL69

Thanks again for outstanding videos and for letting us “tag along” on your epic adventure. I’m so impressed with the way Cindy and you video and edit and insert music that fits the various moods of the scenes perfectly. I could only dream of having your music catalogue! Mainly, I’m happy that the gentleman in the rollover is doing well. I’m sure it was a huge comfort having friends at his side during that frightening time. Thanks again for another fantastic journey.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie for putting this video together, it was enjoyable. My family emigrated many generations ago, and I have always wondered what route they took. Your video really puts it into perspective the hardships and trials people went through to try to find a better life.

That is so awesome :)

Thanks again for outstanding videos and for letting us “tag along” on your epic adventure. I’m so impressed with the way Cindy and you video and edit and insert music that fits the various moods of the scenes perfectly. I could only dream of having your music catalogue! Mainly, I’m happy that the gentleman in the rollover is doing well. I’m sure it was a huge comfort having friends at his side during that frightening time. Thanks again for another fantastic journey.

So glad that you enjoyed tagging along with us :)