Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUST - Part 4 : The California Emigrant Trail / I Have Seen the Elephant

BUST - Part 4 : The California Emigrant Trail / I Have Seen the Elephant

The 4th and final episode of our epic overland journey across the California Emigrant Trail begins in the state of Idaho and over at the National Oregon/California Trail Center. It would be here that we'd get to time travel back to the mid 1800's and experience what it was like to be an emigrant pulling into Clover Creek or what is now known today as, Montpelier. From there, we made our way over to Soda Springs and marveled at the geysers and took a draw from the naturally carbonated waters gushing from its many springs. After making a stop over at Register rock, we worked our way to the City of Rocks and setup camp for the night. The follow day, we made our way briefly into Utah, crossed into Nevada and worked our way out to places like Stony Point, Iron point before and even made a stop at a Transcontinental Airway Beacon before our trek to the west came to an end.

A very special thanks to our good friends Tony, Stephanie, Tina, Carl, Toni, Et, Joe, Don, Lori, Ray, Kevin, Tom, Susan, Ken and Doug for joining us on this epic adventure! We love you guys

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you like what you see, want to see more videos like it and haven't done so already, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel by clicking the link below:
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

That was awesome. Great job putting that together. I loved the gun shop owner explaining the stats and wages. Really puts things in perspective. Hard to believe that the last wagon went through not that long ago. Look where we're at in merely 100 years (better or worse?) . So what happened to the Jeep at the end? Rollover? Was driver OK?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Been Around the Block
    what an adventure!

Did you come up on that roll-over?

Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Love this 4 part series, thank you for taking us along!! I hope the guy who rolled his Jeep was OK.
    1990 YJ
    2018 JL

Excited to see another video.

I didn’t read the other comments first. That was not the ending I expected. Is he OK? Did he drift off and roll or break the axle first?

Before that, I was thinking “40s not required, adventurous sprit a must. Inquire within”
    Last edited by RMC2; 08-07-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Wow, hope the driver/passengers in the burgundy Jeep are okay. Will be in our thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Great end to a really awesome series! (End would have been better if not for the roll over)

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Really enjoyed the entire series, some really cool scenery in episode 4. Thank you for sharing as always!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Really enjoyed the whole series!!! Great video hope the guys in the Rollover are OK
    V6 Diesel JL SWB???? If available in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That was awesome. Great job putting that together. I loved the gun shop owner explaining the stats and wages. Really puts things in perspective. Hard to believe that the last wagon went through not that long ago. Look where we're at in merely 100 years (better or worse?) . So what happened to the Jeep at the end? Rollover? Was driver OK?
    If you ever get a chance to visit Montpelier, I would HIGHLY recommend you visit the National Oregon/California Trails Center. We only put in a very small clip of what all you will learn there. They do a great job of teaching you so much about these emigrant.

Long story short, an axle bearing seized up and literally melted the shaft. This caused the flange and the wheel attached to it to come off. A 2-door running 38's, a bigass auxiliary tank in the rear, a ton of gear and without brakes isn't exactly easy to control at highway speeds. Needless to say, he rolled 4 times and was lucky to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    what an adventure!

Did you come up on that roll-over?
    If you watch our other episodes, you will see that this Jeep was a part of our group.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    Love this 4 part series, thank you for taking us along!! I hope the guy who rolled his Jeep was OK.
    It was bad but Ken recovered nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Excited to see another video.

I didnít read the other comments first. That was not the ending I expected. Is he OK? Did he drift off and roll or break the axle first?

Before that, I was thinking ď40s not required, adventurous sprit a must. Inquire withinĒ
    See posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
    Wow, hope the driver/passengers in the burgundy Jeep are okay. Will be in our thoughts.
    Thank you for your concern. Ken recovered nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast