Trail ideas in Washington

JeepJL

We were going to head to the Rubicon but decided to wait another month so that opened up a 4-5 day trip and we’re thinking about heading up to Washington. Anyone have any must do trails to help us plan? 4 Jeeps on 37s-40s with experienced drivers. Thinking about camping a night in Leavenworth and maybe a Winery along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about "must do" but how much trouble are you looking to get yourself into? If you like the mud, there Elbe and Walker has some fun stuff too. Or, there always Naches and Moon Rocks.

tobyw

When are you coming through? We are headed up to the Naches area again this weekend and could show you around if you're interested.

tobyw

As much as I love Rim Rock, it isn't JKU/JLU friendly... Super tight and technical, body damage imminent for all but the smallest of rigs on the good trails. Those trails that are size appropriate just aren't all that great, and I'd recommend other areas instead.

JeepNYak

I've found the same at Rimrock reservoir. Recommend any other trails near Yakima?
As much as I love Rim Rock, it isn't JKU/JLU friendly... Super tight and technical, body damage imminent for all but the smallest of rigs on the good trails. Those trails that are size appropriate just aren't all that great, and I'd recommend other areas instead.

o|||||||o

tobyw

There are several areas to explore around Yakima, nothing really technical or challenging unless it's in the snow, but it sure beat sitting on the couch... Ahtanum, Nile/Bethel Ridge, and the Naches/Manastash areas all offer miles and miles of two track. There used to be a decent website that had great trail descriptions and even a few maps, but my work computer isn't letting me access it anymore, but you can try it and see? www.nwjeepn.com