Questions coming from a JK.

MericaMade

Recently-installed Evo 3 1/2 inch lift on my buddies JL and have a few questions if some of the same rules still apply with the JL.

Is it recommended for control arms over 3 in of lift?

Is it preferred to flip the drag link on the JL? If so who's currently making one that you guys suggest?

Is caster for alignment still 5 to 6 degrees?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Recently-installed Evo 3 1/2 inch lift on my buddies JL and have a few questions if some of the same rules still apply with the JL.

Is it recommended for control arms over 3 in of lift?

Is it preferred to flip the drag link on the JL? If so who's currently making one that you guys suggest?

Is caster for alignment still 5 to 6 degrees?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Pretty much the same rules, I haven't been keeping up with a good drag link flip kit. I thought synergy would have one. 6° is a sweet spot for caster. This is just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

Not sure how much lift before its needed but the Synergy drag link comes with a bushing to flip it if you drill out the knuckle... It mounts in the stock position otherwise.

TheGrendel

steer smarts is highly overrated. They just put out a couple of slick videos and paid for heavy advertising on some big websites.

Their recommendation for flighty steering on JLs is to set them up toe out. facepalm

I was aware of a few others that have a bad rap around here but didn't know that one...

Their special tie rod ends are like $200 a piece to replace not repair. So for the cost of their setup you could by Synergy’s setup and a couple of spare ends then drive it like you stole it.