Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Questions coming from a JK.

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    24

    Questions coming from a JK.

    Recently-installed Evo 3 1/2 inch lift on my buddies JL and have a few questions if some of the same rules still apply with the JL.

    Is it recommended for control arms over 3 in of lift?

    Is it preferred to flip the drag link on the JL? If so who's currently making one that you guys suggest?

    Is caster for alignment still 5 to 6 degrees?

    Thanks



    Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #2
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Recently-installed Evo 3 1/2 inch lift on my buddies JL and have a few questions if some of the same rules still apply with the JL.

    Is it recommended for control arms over 3 in of lift?

    Is it preferred to flip the drag link on the JL? If so who's currently making one that you guys suggest?

    Is caster for alignment still 5 to 6 degrees?

    Thanks



    Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Pretty much the same rules, I haven't been keeping up with a good drag link flip kit. I thought synergy would have one. 6 is a sweet spot for caster. This is just my opinion.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    231
    Not sure how much lift before its needed but the Synergy drag link comes with a bushing to flip it if you drill out the knuckle... It mounts in the stock position otherwise.

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Not sure how much lift before its needed but the Synergy drag link comes with a bushing to flip it if you drill out the knuckle... It mounts in the stock position otherwise.
    Thanks for the answer and I assume it comes with the raise track bar bracket as well?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post

    Is caster for alignment still 5 to 6 degrees?

    Thanks

    Because the JL has a front axle disconnect, you can run more caster without having to worry about pinion angle or drive line vibrations.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  6. #6
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Thanks for the answer and I assume it comes with the raise track bar bracket as well?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    No that's a separate purchase, I think steersmarts sells raised front track bar brackets but not sure about any others.

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    No that's a separate purchase, I think steersmarts sells raised front track bar brackets but not sure about any others.
    Thank you for the help.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    No that's a separate purchase, I think steersmarts sells raised front track bar brackets but not sure about any others.
    Steer smarts can suck it.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  9. #9
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Steer smarts can suck it.


    2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    I was aware of a few others that have a bad rap around here but didn't know that one...

  10. #10
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    I was aware of a few others that have a bad rap around here but didn't know that one...
    Yeah. Steer Smarts is a pretty shitty company. I wouldn't buy from them.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •