How much lift before control arms are needed

CalSgt

I'm currently running a 2" spacer lift with rancho shocks (which I won during a give away from this site) on my JLUR, but want a little more ground clearance.

Would it be safe to add 3.5" EVO coils with sway bar links and track bar relocation without having adjustable control arms?

I plan to add adjustable control arms or EVO long arms a little later but was wanting a little more ground clearance for an upcoming rubicon trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can do it but you may find that your ride is flighty at highway speeds. At that height, you could benefit from installing at least adjustable front lower arms to help give you a bit more caster. OR, you could install drop brackets and that'll do the job as well and for a lot less money.

JTCO

Meme King
I'm currently running a 2" spacer lift with rancho shocks (which I won during a give away from this site) on my JLUR, but want a little more ground clearance.

Would it be safe to add 3.5" EVO coils with sway bar links and track bar relocation without having adjustable control arms?

I plan to add adjustable control arms or EVO long arms a little later but was wanting a little more ground clearance for an upcoming rubicon trip.

Just for clarification, are you removing the 2 inch spacers and then adding the 3.5" coils? Or are you saying that you'd be adding 3.5 inches to the 2 inches you already have for a total of 5.5 inches?

CalSgt

Just for clarification, are you removing the 2 inch spacers and then adding the 3.5" coils? Or are you saying that you'd be adding 3.5 inches to the 2 inches you already have for a total of 5.5 inches?

Removing the spacers & replacing with 3.5" coils...

CalSgt

I will bite the bullet & order an EVO Stage 2 kit from Exodus tomorrow, decided to get the plus kit with F&R track bars also...