BUST - Part 3 : The California Emigrant Trail / Crossing the Great Divide

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the Great Platte River Road behind us, we made our way up into the Rockies and to the point where the east and west are truly divided. I am of course talking about the Continental Divide or what many emigrants referred to as, the Great Divide. It would be on this length of trail that the once flat and featureless landscape would give way to a much rougher but more scenic one. In this 3rd Episode of BUST, you'll get to see us visit to the National Historic Trails Interpretive Center in Casper, Wyoming, make a stop over at Red Buttes Crossing and Ryan Hill before climbing our way to the top of Independence Rock and to read the countless names that have been carved into it. You'll also get to see geological wonders such as Devil's Gate, Split Rock and the Ice Slough and all before taking a replica of a Mormon hand cart for a pull over at Martin's Cove. Finally, you'll get to see us crossing the Great Divide at South Pass and then end our day at the Parting of Ways. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you like what you see, want to see more and haven't done so already, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel by clicking the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

RMC2

Woohoo. More fun and history. I love it.

I love seeing wagon swales, it’s real history. We have some on Ft Leavenworth. And more over in Independence.

I think I already said it before, but it is good to see Moby.

Last edited:

Jeeeep

what a fun trip!

I was starting to think something was wrong, no malfunctions yet and well.... woohoo! wouldnt be a trip without a nighttime failure lol

Glad is was an easy fix, looking forward to the next segment :thumb:

Trail Bud

Man I’m lovin’ it!!! The continental divide!!!, the Oregon Trail split!!! The grass lands!!!
It was such a magnificent trip/ life event!!!
I’m smiling. :).

And Tony and everyone it was SOOO much fun!

I still love you Tony. ;)

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Another superb episode of the Adventures of Eddie and Cindy. Fantastic camera work along with epic music to tie it together. I really appreciate showing us all the history behind this trail. Man, those emigrants had to be tough as nails.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Such an awesome trip! Those wagon swells are really amazing to me.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Woohoo. More fun and history. I love it.

I love seeing wagon swales, it’s real history. We have some on Ft Leavenworth. And more over in Independence.

I think I already said it before, but it is good to see Moby.

Awesome. This is the stuff that got us into Jeeps in the first place. And yes, it was good get Moby out on this one :yup:

what a fun trip!

I was starting to think something was wrong, no malfunctions yet and well.... woohoo! wouldnt be a trip without a nighttime failure lol

Glad is was an easy fix, looking forward to the next segment :thumb:

LOL!! You know it was bound to happen :D

Man I’m lovin’ it!!! The continental divide!!!, the Oregon Trail split!!! The grass lands!!!
It was such a magnificent trip/ life event!!!
I’m smiling. :).

And Tony and everyone it was SOOO much fun!

I still love you Tony. ;)

Really good times my friend :)

Another superb episode of the Adventures of Eddie and Cindy. Fantastic camera work along with epic music to tie it together. I really appreciate showing us all the history behind this trail. Man, those emigrants had to be tough as nails.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

So glad to hear you're been enjoying the series :)