Jeep Online BUILD & PRICE!!

Four Flusher

Just for kicks and giggles, I wanted to see what a base model 2-door with a 6-speed is gonna cost... $27k. I think Jeff and Megan bought their fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited in 2009 for about that :crazyeyes:

Granted, that was back in the bankruptcy days.

No inflation in America, right?

Growlz

Thanks for posting this up! Already configured a 4 door Rubicon and sent a pdf off to my sales guy to see what a final price can be! :thumb:

Heard back from my sales guy. Price as configured for the 4 door Rubi was $46,555. EP on it is $40,785. Now the big decision on when to order.... Damn you Jeep! Hehe

Mr.Hellcat2You

Wow this is really expensive. I am going to wait a bit. A Sport S that I specced to how I would want it came out to $42k (same as my 2012 Rubicon) and a Rubicon came out to $55k. I said to myself for that money I can get a Mustang GT350 or something more luxurious that the Jeep but then I realized there still isn't anything in that price range that can compete with the JL. I'm probably just going through sticker shock and maybe seeing it in person will sway me to think otherwise but I'm still gonna wait and see what Dynatrac does for axles and other companies do for suspension.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Trail Bud

I don't know, you think so? I imagine sitting around a camp fire with lots of whiskey in hand, we could justify it easily! Seriously though, I gotta stop too or I'll never be able to retire. :doh:

Tony you made me laugh on not being able to retire. That part scares me too.
1st post :).

JIMBOX

:D Based on the latest price info and without my deals with the dealer--

My JL-2dr Ruby/6spd/soft top checks out at $41,872 + tax/license --

Ain't jeepin fun ???

Whatever

:wings::cheesy: JIMBO

Four Flusher

My guess is that the price, performance and feature increases is going to kill a lot of the aftermarket biz. Buying a $50K+ Rubicon, then dropping another god know how many thousands, might be the breaking point for many.

JIMBOX

:D That may be true, but one of the many attributes of JEEP owners for the last 65 years --

My guess is that the price, performance and feature increases is going to kill a lot of the aftermarket biz. Buying a $50K+ Rubicon, then dropping another god know how many thousands, might be the breaking point for many.

Has been to MODIFY THE STOCK JEEP and make her yours, specific changes that identify that jeep as YOUR'S--

Whatever

:wings::cheesy: JIMBO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping to possibly get the diesel but I may just settle for another 3.6. I love playing with the builder.

Diesel would kick up the price considerably. You could always buy now and trade in later if you really wanted. :D

No inflation in America, right?

LOL!! That's part of it but I think the bigger part is supply and demand. FCA literally can't keep up with Wrangler orders.

Side impact airbags aren’t an option anymore. I wonder if it’s standard and how the new crash tests are. I need to start saving. Sucks that I have to have leather with Punk’n.

You know, that's a good question.

Heard back from my sales guy. Price as configured for the 4 door Rubi was $46,555. EP on it is $40,785. Now the big decision on when to order.... Damn you Jeep! Hehe

LOL!! I can't believe that you haven't ordered one already :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow this is really expensive. I am going to wait a bit. A Sport S that I specced to how I would want it came out to $42k (same as my 2012 Rubicon) and a Rubicon came out to $55k. I said to myself for that money I can get a Mustang GT350 or something more luxurious that the Jeep but then I realized there still isn't anything in that price range that can compete with the JL. I'm probably just going through sticker shock and maybe seeing it in person will sway me to think otherwise but I'm still gonna wait and see what Dynatrac does for axles and other companies do for suspension.

The price is up there and way more than 10 years ago but really, it's not much more than a JK is today. Depending on how big of a tire you're hoping to run, you may not need a whole lot done to a JL and that's something else to consider.

Tony you made me laugh on not being able to retire. That part scares me too.
1st post :).

Welcome to JLWRANGLER! Good to have you here. So, when will you be ordering yours? :thumb:

I don't know if that'd be a bad thing for most consumers. If they have to buy less, that would make the price of a JL all the more worth it. That being said, a JK Rubicon costs that much now and there are still plenty of people buying them and throwing another $50k into them. The type of people who buy Jeeps today are just a whole lot different than the ones who bought them 20 years ago.

Mr.Hellcat2You

The price is up there and way more than 10 years ago but really, it's not much more than a JK is today. Depending on how big of a tire you're hoping to run, you may not need a whole lot done to a JL and that's something else to consider.

Welcome to JLWRANGLER! Good to have you here. So, when will you be ordering yours? :thumb:

I don't know if that'd be a bad thing for most consumers. If they have to buy less, that would make the price of a JL all the more worth it. That being said, a JK Rubicon costs that much now and there are still plenty of people buying them and throwing another $50k into them. The type of people who buy Jeeps today are just a whole lot different than the ones who bought them 20 years ago.
I want to believe you Eddie but we all know that's not the case. Just wait until the aftermarket community catches up. The JL will be just as the JK with every single part being able to be changed. Now grant it you don't have to change every single part and I'm a big proponent of build it how you'll use it but its still going to hurt the pockets.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app