Request for name change

HERIKANE

Thought it might be appropriate for me to share this post which I just put up on the Jeep JL Forum! Wayoflife! I have been known as “DrJeepStr” since I joined the JK-Forum and Project JK back in 2007. Long story but had my beloved Big Red Jeep JKUR for 10 yrs and 135,000 amazing miles. Literally cried for days after gently, sorrowfully traded her for a loaded Cherokee Trailhawk in 2017. Retrospectively, it was obviously an insane “lapse of judgement,” yet somehow, in the moment, I reasoned a “practical” ride was a more responsible choice. After just a few months, my spouse knew I was hopelessly addicted when, one Friday eve, I rode off in her almost paid off (and beloved) Honda Civic Si only to return home in a ‘17 Hyper Green JK Rubi. We went thru all Five proverbial Stages of Kübler-Ross’ Grief. She conceded. But that was HER Jeep ....Hmph... I conceded. At least I again achieved access to a ride🕵🏻*♀️. Two long years crawled by as we each tried to outmaneuver the other for drive time. Finally, after my nearly daily puppy dog eyes and sorrow, my sweetheart blessed me with a gift that was, no lie, the only single thing capable of lifting me out of the very long and deep clinical depression that I was in. In buying me this 2019 Ocean Blue Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, ‘SMarsh, as she’s known as, single-handedly SAVED my life, brought back TO splendid life, decades of incredible adventures and precious moments. I am profoundly, forever grateful to say, SMarsh breathed new LIFE into my tired lost soul. I now live life with fervor, spirit and great strength. It seems only fitting that this Ocean Blue Jeep, my new chariot, be named to reflect this new chapter in my life, I ask that you please change my profile name from DrJeepStr to my new name, HERIKANE. Please message me when you can. Many thx, Debra R. Strigun [emoji305]🦈

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If that was the short version of the long story, I'd hate to hear the long one [emoji2]

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

HERIKANE

Ok, a simple request turned into a bit of perhaps unwelcome commentary to apparently some of you. I see I “should a kept it simple, stupid.” BUT idk, felt like the forum that I Remembered was a place of comraderie and member support. Have virtues like civility and kindness eroded soooo much that two members have given me instant stern tongue lashings! Sorry for stepping out of whatever place. How about “speak only from a kind heart...”. I wrote that FOR ME so yes, you are right OverlandJL and Jeepers Creepers. Too much detail for all you who know so very little about me. Thought this was a way of opening up about myself but ouch, those sarcastic comments burn. Next time read only the first sentence and stop if your comments turn foul or hurtful.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Ok, a simple request turned into a bit of perhaps unwelcome commentary to apparently some of you. I see I “should a kept it simple, stupid.” BUT idk, felt like the forum that I Remembered was a place of comraderie and member support. Have virtues like civility and kindness eroded soooo much that two members have given me instant stern tongue lashings! Sorry for stepping out of whatever place. How about “speak only from a kind heart...”. I wrote that FOR ME so yes, you are right OverlandJL and Jeepers Creepers. Too much detail for all you who know so very little about me. Thought this was a way of opening up about myself but ouch, those sarcastic comments burn. Next time read only the first sentence and stop if your comments turn foul or hurtful.

Welcome. Don’t take it personally.

Geez! There's a lot there. Does anybody recommend I actually go back and read it?

No. She said she wrote it for herself.

YAHAHA

This thread is useless without pictures. 🤣

Let's see that Jeep!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.