Rubicon suspension on a Sport, Yes or No?

cb4017

Hi Folks,
Well, the other night I was kinda in the right place at the right time and scored 2019 JLU Rubicon take-off wheels/tires and complete suspension (springs, shocks, LCAs).

I've read a couple times that a Rubicon suspension is worth about a 1" to 1.5" lift when put on a JLU Sport. I have no complaints with the stock clearance but another inch or so would be great for what I do, especially since I'll eventually be putting on the Rubicon wheels/tires.

For anyone that has put the Rubicon suspension on a Sport, what were your results? Worth it?

The wheels/tires did not include the TPMS sensors so I'll be ordering new sensors before installing those.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190722_172256 (Medium).jpg
    20190722_172256 (Medium).jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 199

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Last edited:

cb4017

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it.

I'm not in a hurry so I think I'll explore other options before doing all the work. My Jeep will very likely never see tires any bigger than 33", especially with the current 3.45 gearing, so I want to keep things simple.

SouthCo

Hi Folks,
Well, the other night I was kinda in the right place at the right time and scored 2019 JLU Rubicon take-off wheels/tires and complete suspension (springs, shocks, LCAs).

I've read a couple times that a Rubicon suspension is worth about a 1" to 1.5" lift when put on a JLU Sport. I have no complaints with the stock clearance but another inch or so would be great for what I do, especially since I'll eventually be putting on the Rubicon wheels/tires.

For anyone that has put the Rubicon suspension on a Sport, what were your results? Worth it?

The wheels/tires did not include the TPMS sensors so I'll be ordering new sensors before installing those.

Thanks!

You already have them so Id say yes!

What are the part numbers on the Rubicon springs? They have a few different ones depending on how the Rubicon was outfitted (steel bumpers, tow package, hardtop etc). I put Rubicon springs and shocks on my Sahara and got about 1.5” lift. The springs I bought yield the most lift and are 3662AC and 3661AC for the front and 3592AA and 3591AA for the rear. Still rides great with the Rubicon shocks and I have no desire to go higher. I may put 33” tires on when the stock ones wear out.

It wasn’t that hard to swap the springs and shocks out.

HGJKRubi

Hi Folks,

Thanks!

Yes it’s worth it if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to give your Sport a small boost. I got exactly 1.5” adding Rubi coils (also with hardtop and tow pkg) to my Sport and really like the stance now with 33’s over the factory Sport height.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

cb4017

Just a quick update.

I did install a Rubicon suspension. I ended up gaining 1.25" in front and just over 2" in the rear. I also installed 32" tires (LT255/75-17) as to not effect overall gear ratio too much. I'm satisfied so far. For exploring the high desert this does what I need it to.

Attachments

• 20191101_153932cropped (Medium).jpg
    20191101_153932cropped (Medium).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 108

cb4017

For $300 you can get the AEV spacer kit & get the procal to change your tire size.....

True, but I haul a small travel trailer occasionally and didn't want to effect overall gear ration mostly for that reason. Maybe someday I'll re-gear or get some Rubicon axle take-offs then go for the bigger tires. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20190813_064531 (Medium).jpg
    20190813_064531 (Medium).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 86
Looks great.I have 285s (33s) on a stock sport right now and just picked up some rubicon springs and shocks.I figure it will get me by until its time for 35s.