2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Soft Top COMPLETE removal

JTCO

Meme King
I posted this on www.JT-Gladiator.com the other day, but meant to post it here as well.

How to remove Jeep Gladiator soft top.

Jeep finally released a video showing how to completely remove the soft top from the Gladiator. I've been looking for something like this for weeks. It's only 4 bolts! I hate the way the soft top looks while open. Looks like removing it is simple!

First half is hard top. Soft top starts at 2:11.

st1.jpg

Last edited:

KYJeff

That’s interesting, don’t have the soft top but wondered how it was attached. Nice find.

JTCO

Meme King
Just an update on this. I updated the first post. There are 4 bolts total (2 on each side). I had originally said 2 total.

JTCO

Meme King
I also got these quick thumbscrews so I can take the top off with no tools. The size is M8 x 1.25 x 25mm.

DSC06296.jpg

DSC06297.jpg

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That’s a great idea! Can you time yourself and see how long complete removal is? Real world I’m sure is different than what they say in the video

JTCO

Meme King
That’s a great idea! Can you time yourself and see how long complete removal is? Real world I’m sure is different than what they say in the video

I'll time it next time I do it. But I'm guessing less than 5 minutes. It's really fast.

eatsmud

Thank you JTCO

I've always had soft tops for my Jeeps and wanted one really bad for the Gladiator, but just can't stand the look with it sitting up. So thanks JTCO for posting this info. Love the thumbscrew idea!

So how well does it sit in the bed if you want to have it with you in case the weather turns?