Roof top tents

Sgt Beavis

If you’re willing to drive keep an eye on Craigslist. I see them a lot for pretty good prices considering they are slightly used. We bought a CVT because they are local a few years ago. Used it twice then sold it. Was over waking up on a soaking wet mattress from condensation underneath the mattress. I later learned that where we live we can have 50 degree differences between night and day and it can cause heavy condensation paired with the body heat through the mattress.
Overall it was a pretty cool design but it’s a lot more work then throwing up a hammock for the night. If you fold it up wet you’ll need to open it back up to dry out. Freespirit recreation is another local company. I live in the heart of RTT/overlanding land lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Very true. I've been looking for an iKamper Skycamp and found one around Breckenridge. It was less than a year old and sold for $1000 less than retail. Unfortunately it was gone before I could get to it.

I've also seen Roam and multiple Tepui tents on CL for a lot less than retail. If you are patient you can find one that is practically new. There are quite a few people that try roof top camping and find out it just isn't for them.

Here in Colorado, there are a few places that rent these tents out for a reasonable price. You can try it out first to see if you actually like rooftop camping. I've been told that some places will apply your rental fee toward purchasing a new tent if you decided you want to keep it.