Stage 4 vs Stage 4 Overland vs Long Arm Kit

Alright guys, I’m going to lift my JLUR 3.5” and put on 37” wheels, that at least I know I want. I’ve pretty much made up my mind that I wanna run Kings shocks with a Evo lift kit. I wanna see what your input is on the Stage 4 and Stage 4 Overland compared to their Long Arm Kit. Once I saw the LA kit, I wanted it and recently I’ve been doubting if it’s the route to go. I know the Stage 4 is a great kit but what about the Overland brackets, they mimic in a way what the LA does by dropping the LCA down a bit from what I saw but I’m worried about that bracket getting hung up while rock crawling. I know they said that the Overland is more for off road and road use, and not for hard off road crawling. I saw someone mention that you don’t need to go LA if it’s not a lift higher than 4” since the JL arms are decently sized. So what do y’all think Stage 4, Stage 4 Overland, or do LA? The application of the Jeep will be that it’ll be a daily driver to work and on the weekend hit trails, go to Moab once a year or so, hit trails like Holy Cross here in CO, go to Ouray and do wheeling out there. I know this is a lot but even after reading up I don’t have a warm and fuzzy on what I want before I spend serious money on this build so all of your help is be appreciated.

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Either one of those kits is a decent chunk of cash, so me personally, I would spend the extra 1300 for the long arm kit but that's just me. But with the long arm kit, the labor is going to be a lot more intensive or costly. Either kit will work what you said you need it for, but it would suck to spend 5000 grand and then hate yourself for years for not paying a little bit more and getting the long arm. Jeeps tend to work that way, lol.

Last edited:

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
We’re running the stage 4 overland kit with coilovers on our Gladiator and it’s extremely smooth, more so than stock. I never imagined I’d be able to lift a vehicle 6.5” and say it rides better now, but it really does.

WJCO is correct in that the parts aren’t much more, but the labor is. IMHO I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way. Also, Mel is running the same stage 4 kit on their Gladiator build and it rock crawled just fine or as far as I could tell, the suspension was never a limiting factor.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Getting solid feedback from these guys ^^^

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend getting the long arms. It'll correct your suspension geometry and with high clearance brackets.

Bsimon187

I’m currently running the stage 4 enforcer kit with the King coilovers. It drives great and don’t have any complaints, but I’ll be getting the long arms here soon to allow for some more travel. You won’t be sad with either kit as the ride is great!

You hit it right in the nail WJCO, the only fear of getting the Stage 4 is that I’ll still be wanting or needing the long arm kit afterwards. It’ll be a couple months for me to buy all the parts but I’m sure when I get it installed it’ll be worth the wait. Thank you for being welcoming guys🤙🏽

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
@StormBreakerTheJL - I'm running EVO Bolt-On King coilovers as well as EVO High Clearance Long Arms on my 2018 JLUR. Just hit me up if you ever want to get together and check them out. BTW I have a feeling that most people don't know what Stormbreaker/Jarnbjorn, or for that matter, what Mjölnir is. Let me know if I'm not on the right track. LOL.

Bsimon187

Do long arms allow more travel on the JLs ? They never have in the past on other Jeep models.

So based on EVO's website- with the Enforcer Pro you are getting 11.5 to 12" of travel and then going with the long arm kit it allows 14-14.5 " of travel. That is what my statement was based off of.

LA Kit: When combining our JLU High Clearance Long Arm kit with the EVO MFG JL Front and Rear NV2514 Coilover kits we create the High Clearance Long Arm PRO. This combination of improved suspension geometry through the EVO MFG JLU High Clearance Long Arm and increased shock travel through our JL Bolt-on NV2514 coilovers, allows you to un-limit the kit and run full shock length yielding 14.5” front wheel travel and 14” rear wheel travel. Suspension cycling the most properly tuned wheel travel is the name of the game.

Enforcer Stage 4 kit: The JL Enforcer PRO Kits achieve control arm limited 11.5/12” of wheel travel with only 3-5” (lift height is adjustable) of lift and most wheel and tire combination will require a backspacing of 3.75” or smaller. Necessary equipment is included to convert including brake line provisions, bump stop extensions, swaybar end links, limit straps and hardware. All Bracketry is laser

Maybe its just because it opens the kit up more, but that is a copy/paste from EVO's site.

JTCO

Meme King
So based on EVO's website- with the Enforcer Pro you are getting 11.5 to 12" of travel and then going with the long arm kit it allows 14-14.5 " of travel. That is what my statement was based off of.

LA Kit: When combining our JLU High Clearance Long Arm kit with the EVO MFG JL Front and Rear NV2514 Coilover kits we create the High Clearance Long Arm PRO. This combination of improved suspension geometry through the EVO MFG JLU High Clearance Long Arm and increased shock travel through our JL Bolt-on NV2514 coilovers, allows you to un-limit the kit and run full shock length yielding 14.5” front wheel travel and 14” rear wheel travel. Suspension cycling the most properly tuned wheel travel is the name of the game.

Enforcer Stage 4 kit: The JL Enforcer PRO Kits achieve control arm limited 11.5/12” of wheel travel with only 3-5” (lift height is adjustable) of lift and most wheel and tire combination will require a backspacing of 3.75” or smaller. Necessary equipment is included to convert including brake line provisions, bump stop extensions, swaybar end links, limit straps and hardware. All Bracketry is laser

Maybe its just because it opens the kit up more, but that is a copy/paste from EVO's site.

Coilovers/longer shocks is where the extra travel is coming from, not the long arms themselves. I think the OP is just getting the lift kit with King shocks, but NOT coilovers.

Bsimon187

Coilovers/longer shocks is where the extra travel is coming from, not the long arms themselves. I think the OP is just getting the lift kit with King shocks, but NOT coilovers.

Those were the specs from their 2 Coilover kits. The recommend the limiting straps with the short arms and not with the long arms. That is probably the difference with the travel between the 2 kits there. I missed the OP saying just the king shocks. I see King and thing CO's now.

@StormBreakerTheJL - I'm running EVO Bolt-On King coilovers as well as EVO High Clearance Long Arms on my 2018 JLUR. Just hit me up if you ever want to get together and check them out. BTW I have a feeling that most people don't know what Stormbreaker/Jarnbjorn, or for that matter, what Mjölnir is. Let me know if I'm not on the right track. LOL.

I’m always for meeting fellow Jeepers. That’s a sweet set up man, definitely goals but I’m thinking of running springs and shocks first then going coilovers when I get the rest of it built up. You got it right on the money! Glad to see someone got it!!!

Yes I would be going springs and shocks first. Maybe just go long arm and set up going coilovers up for success?