Seatbelts and Airbags

Danelain

I recently was involved in an accident in which nether the seatbelts locked or airbags worked. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Then later after the accident I was sent a message not to drive my jl until I had my airbags checked out. A little late!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Danelain

This is the message I received from Jeep after my wreck had occurred from UCONNECT

Your 2019 Jeep[emoji768] Wrangler Unlimited has detected an issue that requires your attention.
2019 Jeep[emoji768] Wrangler Unlimited
ImageImmediate Action Needed (1)Image
ImageAction Suggested (0)
ImageNo Issues Found (11)
ImageImageAir Bags
Your vehicle's Air Bag Warning Light recently indicated the air bag system may not be working properly. The air bags in your vehicle might not inflate in a collision, or they could inflate without a collision if you do not get the required service. Have your vehicle checked at your dealership.”

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

2Wheel-Lee

If you're OK after a front end collision without the airbags deploying, the airbags did their job properly by not deploying. You don't want them to deploy unless injury or death is imminent, as their deployment can cause injuries. Those possible injuries are considered acceptable if they ultimately save your life. It's normal to need to have the system inspected to ensure all sensors are still fully operational after a crash, as some sensors are designed only for a single impact, even when there is no deployment.