Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun Run Pics from a Few Weeks Ago

Fun Run Pics from a Few Weeks Ago

Okay, so the following pics were actually taken over the the 4th of July weekend and so yes, they are a bit on the crusty side but I thought they were still worth sharing being that they highlight a whole lot of fun we had with our good friends Adam and Tina. They aren't much but I hope you enjoy them just the same.

For the 4th of July, Adam and Tina came out to our place in Carson City and early enough to get out and play for a bit before the evening festivities. Needless to say, we decided to head down the street and play on some of the rocks. Here's and shot of Adam on the first obstacle we took on and soon discovered that his sway bar disconnect wasn't working.

Being that his lack of flex wasn't stopping him, we just continued on our way.

Here's a few shots of us getting twisted up on our CTI ramp or Carson Travel Index ramp

And here's Adam making his way through too.

Poser shot on top of the hill.

A little further up to take in the view of the valley below.

So, on our way down, Adam heard some noise coming from under his Jeep and found that his passenger side rear lower control arm had broken a bolt. That caused the arm to fall and destroy the Johnny Joints. Fortunately, he had 3 other links and Camp WAYALIFE was just down the street

Turns out that we didn't make it back without a few new dings of our own as well.

We spent most of the following day shopping for parts and making repairs.

And, once we were good to go again, we decided to do a quick easy scenic run with the remaining daylight we still had in the sky.

Making a stop to take in the view.

On the move again, the trail started to narrow up a bit but just enough to give us some pin striping.

And here we are at our destination of the day. I wonder if they have any rooms available.

Checking out the luxury accommodations.

Catching up on some local news.

Taking a closer look at the state of the art building construction.

One of the locals stopped by to say hello.

To be polite, we decided to make a quick stop to introduce ourselves to the residents of this town.

Back in town and to check out the heavy equipment.

Stopping over at the post office.

And went over to the Wells Fargo office but they didn't seem to be open.

Soaking in another Northern Nevada sunset.

What better way to wrap up a great day than to do it with drinks at the local watering hole.

CHEERS!

For day 3, we decided to head out a bit further and cover about 100 miles out in the middle of nowhere.

Well, I guess there is a town or two we'd be seeing along the way.

As we pulled up to a town along the way, we did what we always do and paid a visit to the local and to say hello.

The caretaker looked like he'd been out in the sun a bit too long and was starting to peel.

Here we are making a stop on Main Street to do a little window shopping.

This is the industrial part of town.

Further up the road, we stopped at another nearby town and was happy to see the local jail had no occupants.

Further along the way, we came across an oasis in the desert. Literally a definitive patch of lush green in a sea of brown and it's easy to see why people were drawn to this point.

Still further to the north, we came across one of many hot springs surrounding the area.

And, before making our way back to civilization, we made a stop in the middle of a vast playa.

In places, the smooth surface gave way to what looked and felt like potato chips when walking or driving on it.

Finally, what better way to wrap up a great weekend with friends than to do it with a Picon Punch - CHEERS!

I know it wasn't much but I hope you enjoyed seeing the few pics that we were able to get from our fun filled weekend. A BIG THANKS goes out to Adam and Tina for joining us out on the trail.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    That looks like a great day. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Looks like fun one of these days I hope I can get out there and make a run with y'all

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Awesome pics. Looks like a great area to explore.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Good Grief! You going to make me buy a rear bumper aren't you? You haven't heard of anything coming down the pike that may be similar to the tubular corner protectors on the JT, have you?

Either way, awesome pics. Adam's new rig gives me a bit of envy.

Great report! We really had a great time despite the half wasted day fixing my control arm. Thanks for having us and thanks to a Cindy for getting that damn bolt in.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Looks like a great weekend! Wish I wasnt moving that weekend..thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    That looks like a great day. Thanks for sharing!
    Glad you enjoyed the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    Looks like fun one of these days I hope I can get out there and make a run with y'all
    Be way cool if you could join us some day

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Awesome pics. Looks like a great area to explore.
    Love being out in the middle of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Good Grief! You going to make me buy a rear bumper aren't you? You haven't heard of anything coming down the pike that may be similar to the tubular corner protectors on the JT, have you?

Either way, awesome pics. Adam's new rig gives me a bit of envy.
    I haven't seen anything or that I want. Before fixing this yet again, I'm going to see if I can't make something.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Great report! We really had a great time despite the half wasted day fixing my control arm. Thanks for having us and thanks to a Cindy for getting that damn bolt in.
    LOL - it was all good and we had a great time too. As far as Cindy goes, I don't know how she does it but she always does.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Looks like a great weekend! Wish I wasnt moving that weekend..thanks for sharing!
    We'll do it or something like it again. You'll have to join us for sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast