My “Super JT” LE Build

Piginajeep

Finally was able to install ACM mount. Easy install. Best instructions in the business !!

I decide to mount the remote connect under the hood. There’s a nice unused stud.

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! So glad you were able to get everything installed and without too much fuss! JT is looking outstanding :thumb:

Your pretty tall: does having your cb there make you think it’s too close to your face when driving? Do you have to lean back to read the cb display? I’ve always used the Cobra 75 behind the glove box, but thinking about trying the Wayalife cb mount bar this go around.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your pretty tall: does having your cb there make you think it’s too close to your face when driving? Do you have to lean back to read the cb display? I’ve always used the Cobra 75 behind the glove box, but thinking about trying the Wayalife cb mount bar this go around.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm running an icom race radio on our JT's CB BAR and it's not only a LOT smaller, it also sits more toward the windshield making it feel a lot further away from your face. The same would be true of any smaller CB radio.

Piginajeep

I kinda like it closer, it’s less in my eyes with the bright blue lights. It’s at the corner of my eye and isn’t distracting

Piginajeep

We started selling the under cover police siren package to ultra 4 drivers last year.

Well that’s my excuse to show it off anyways !

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6304.jpg

Piginajeep

Is the siren hooked into the CB or just the PA?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

It’s completely separate on the under cover set up. It comes with a small amp, speaker and the switches to the left of the cb.

I wired the power into one of the auxiliary switches so there’s no accidental road way hits [emoji16]

I'm running an icom race radio on our JT's CB BAR and it's not only a LOT smaller, it also sits more toward the windshield making it feel a lot further away from your face. The same would be true of any smaller CB radio.

I've thought about doing a race radio. i have a Boefang handheld and works much better than some of the cbs I've had, just a bit hard to hear at times. Unfortunately not many people I've wheeled with here back east have a race radio. I wish more people used them.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It’s completely separate on the under cover set up. It comes with a small amp, speaker and the switches to the left of the cb.

I wired the power into one of the auxiliary switches so there’s no accidental road way hits [emoji16]

Can I play with the sirens again?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've thought about doing a race radio. i have a Boefang handheld and works much better than some of the cbs I've had, just a bit hard to hear at times. Unfortunately not many people I've wheeled with here back east have a race radio. I wish more people used them.

To be honest, I still prefer a CB being that more people have them if only because they're so much more affordable. so long as they're installed correctly and tuned, I always find them to work well. There are other small hard mounted CB options out there. You might want to give them a look.